This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Finally saw a C8 Z06 in person

Sad part to me is they had another option for install of front plate. A friend of mine just picked up his red mist z06 and their selling dealer did exactly the same thing - installed the front plate assembly so the plate sits essentially on the top of the bumper - why?
The c8 was designed with a
recessed plate holder

Versus mine recessed .... you have options.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
It wasn't designed with a "recessed plate holder". It was designed for use with the plate holder if needed and without that need, it had a nice cover plate. Previous cars have done the same, like the Firebird. Now a trick one can employ because of the situation is to drill holes and mount the plate as you did. The reason why the plate holder is so high is because a few states require the plate be mounted at a certain height. There are obviously other options as well. I made my own. Others don't mount the plate and others buy other options.

My dealer installed mine just like yours. I had ordered the GM holder but this looks much better and discrete.

WHY DO PEOPLE PUT THE PLATE ON THE FRONT OF THE CAR!! My C8 is almost 3 years old. My front plate is in my trunk. I paid $120k for my car, so I sure as hell can afford a couple of $150 tickets each year for missing plate and you know what..........I HAVE NEVER HAD A COP STOP ME!! That front plate looks like s**t!! There is my rant!!

Sorry, but my rant is not done. DON'T PUT A PLATE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR CAR!! Ok, I can't guarantee it, but I think my rant is done. Don't make me rip the plate off your car!!!

Oh, please. You just didn't think about it. I just drove it Toronto to Sarasota and the US border guy was laughing when he noticed no plate. He said "I know why you don't have a plate on that car. Have a great trip!! Here's the plate NOT ON THE CAR!!

Attachments

• IMG_2259.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the TicToc hack. I'm so outta touch ...
lol... You are out of touch. I know a lot of drivers in Ont who have never had a plate on the front of their ride and never had a problem. Much like my tinted side windows on my Vettes and my daily. Totally illegal here in AB and have never turned a head in 14 years on my daily and 12 years on my Vettes...

Agree. I have 2 friends who are cops and they said they would never pull someone over just for a plate issue. If you are pulled over for say speeding, they may ticket you for no plate, but who speeds in a Corvette!!! LOL

Reactions: Rruuff Day

Users who are viewing this thread