Jan 25, 2009
Saskatoon
VetteCoins
Car
Hi guys,

I guess last night I finally put away the Vette for the winter. It wasnt without going for a good spin that evening and the evening before. (which coincidently was my Vette's 31st anniversary it rolled out of the factory)

I saw 3 other Vettes going around...and a bunch of new Camaros... now what the hell am I going to do? :confused:

I was thinking I would tackle 1 leak I had left on the PS.....but apparently its gone...I guess GUNK's seal & oring conditioner did the trick....

So bored now...maybe I will join the gym after New Year as half the population...work out for 2 -3 weeks :D drop it, and wait for Spring :rofl:
Have you put your Vettes away?

There were A LOT of cars out on Sunday. The drive out to the acreage was good...and sad. The car is now asleep. Under a portable shelter....with plywood ends...under a car cover....under tarps that are suspended inside the shelter...is that overboard? Actually maybe it's not because I still have to put the silica bag in the shelter to pull moisture out of the air.

Common spring!!!!

I am very glad/unhappy that my car was put away on the weekend. I think that was the last window here to be able to have the car out without snow on the ground.

Now, onto building go carts!

I always figure that at the end of October there is a 50/50ish chance of snow and it is close to putting the car away. What is the average time of year for putting the cars away in Ontario or more specific, the GTA?

Last year I drove right into December.
It all depends on the weather.
I only put it away when we get the first big snow fall. It's never officially put away for a full winter.
Even after that if the roads are clean, I love to take it out for a blast on a clear winter day.

I just take it up to the power wash up the street, spray her down and put it back in the garage until the next chance arrives.
So far I have seen no adverse effects of doing this for the last few years.
My Vette still looks as good as new from the top side to the bottom.

I can't stand not driving my Vette for months at a time. I bought it to drive it and enjoy it.

Our winters are way to long in this country. I'm ready for spring already.:canada:

Last year I drove right into December.
It all depends on the weather.
I only put it away when we get the first big snow fall. It's never officially put away for a full winter.
Even after that if the roads are clean, I love to take it out for a blast on a clear winter day.

I just take it up to the power wash up the street, spray her down and put it back in the garage until the next chance arrives.
So far I have seen no adverse effects of doing this for the last few years.
My Vette still looks as good as new from the top side to the bottom.

I can't stand not driving my Vette for months at a time. I bought it to drive it and enjoy it.

Our winters are way to long in this country. I'm ready for spring already.:canada:[/QUOTE

:agree:

Mark your braver than I am :D, usually the day before the first snow hits I put it away for the winter......Last year was awesome, I had mine out until late November the weather was great no snow.

Hey GTA Guys: You are all smarter than me as I put mine away at the end of October which I'm finding was way too premature. Given the nice weather of late, I'm seeing a few Vettes on the road and I'm kicking myself (argh). Guess I have to chalk it up to being over-protective and a rookie at owning a Vette (first year for me).

I do have a question though: What about your insurance? Don't you switch over to coverage without collision and liability during the "off season" and switch back once back on the road? Or do you leave full coverage on all year just in case you get a chance to bring her out over the winter months? Would love to know how you handle.

Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread