Power User
Aug 20, 2014
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
Province
ON
After 7 months finally picked up my white 2015 z51, 1LT, nav/data, black wheels, clear roof.

Car is awesome. Very happy with the quality, fit and finish. No paint issues tht I can see, but I will know better in sunlight.

First thing I did was change the big shoe box plate holder in the front for the other one that comes with the car. This one is slightly curved and fits in the mesh grill. I had to drill four small holes for the screws, it took 5 minutes, looks much better and cleaner. Not sure why GM just doesn't make this bracket for the front plate.

Once I adjusted the seat, it was quite comfortable and surprisingly the ride is smooth. Not at all what I expected. Some owners said the ride was rough with the z51.

After some mileage, headers at DaSilva next year!

After 7 months finally picked up my white 2015 z51, 1LT, nav/data, black wheels, clear roof.

First thing I did was change the big shoe box plate holder in the front for the other one that comes with the car. This one is slightly curved and fits in the mesh grill. I had to drill four small holes for the screws, it took 5 minutes, looks much better and cleaner. Not sure why GM just doesn't make this bracket for the front plate.......

Congrats!

Are you saying that the 2015 comes with. 2 front plate brackets??
I.e. Did the front plate holder that goes inside the grill come with the car from the factory?

Did you have to remove the shoebox, and if so, how was it attached to the car? Screw holes or taped on?

I too am NOT wanting a big ugly plate bracket stuck to the upper nose!

Congrats!

Are you saying that the 2015 comes with. 2 front plate brackets??
I.e. Did the front plate holder that goes inside the grill come with the car from the factory?

Did you have to remove the shoebox, and if so, how was it attached to the car? Screw holes or taped on?

I too am NOT wanting a big ugly plate bracket stuck to the upper nose!

The 2014 came with both plate brackets. The awful bumper bracket is the official front plate mount, so that is what most dealers install. The other grill bracket is shipped with all the stingrays, but is supposed to be used when racing for optimal airflow if I recall correctly.

Is 4 easy plastic locking nuts to remove the one and install the other. The grill one though does not have mounting holes for your plate, but that is easily tapped into it.

The change over of the brackets is very easy, 5 minutes and it looks 100% better. The manual has to be at least 350 pages, plus the info system manual.:eek::rofl::confused::D IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Sounds like your Sales consultant didnt give you the "Getting to know your Corvette" guide at delivery. Its about 20 pages and covers most FAQ's for new owners. I always print one off for the relevant vehicle and provide it to the customer. Most people dont enjoy reading a 500 page manual in my opinion.

Here is a link to this easy to read booklet. It has pics as well for ease.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LT7g5p6WmtOWRhUTNPVXRFU3M/edit?usp=sharing

The booklet is for 2014 C7's but its still relevant to 2015's.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
arctic white... sweet! Congrats .. looks beautiful

mine's very similar to yours in appearance except it's a ZF1 not Z51 .. coming in a month .. can't wait.

Last edited:
The 2014 came with both plate brackets. The awful bumper bracket is the official front plate mount, so that is what most dealers install. The other grill bracket is shipped with all the stingrays, but is supposed to be used when racing for optimal airflow if I recall correctly.

Is 4 easy plastic locking nuts to remove the one and install the other. The grill one though does not have mounting holes for your plate, but that is easily tapped into it.

The challenge is that the grille mount bracket is not indicated as part of PDI, so dealers don't seem to want to install it as part of prep. It also has a big picture of a license plate with a line through it, indicating that it is not the official mount for license plates. It was developed at the plant, however, to provide an alternative to the various aftermarket mounts that popped up for the C6.

It is about 5 minutes work, if you have never done one. About 2 minutes if you have... ;-) And it comes with a nice, removable faceplate with Corvette on it, that you can place over the plate itself if you are at a show, or somewhere that you no longer require the front plate...

I have done about 10, it is a snap...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.