Featured Thread

XFIRE82

Power User
Oct 24, 2014
VetteCoins
Province
SK
Last fall I bought some 40 foot Sea Cans. So made the decision I'll stick my 68 Impala wagon and the Vette in one for the winter. Today I opened the door first time since then. I kinda like these cans , sealed, no dust, no mice , can't build a garage as good for the money . Put the battery back in and fired it up. But I didn't drive it out, that will be another day. Took the 58 out instead today went to church the 35 mile run was good for it.

IM002641.JPG

IM002643.JPG

IM002644.JPG

IM002640.JPG

Those containers seemed to have done the job, the cars look pretty dry and clean. They regulate them where I live and have essentially outlawed them. Government.

That 58 is a beauty. :thumbs:

Question for you. Of those four cars you have eleven carburetors. What is up with that???:Biggrin:

Reactions: Roarry
Those containers seemed to have done the job, the cars look pretty dry and clean. They regulate them where I live and have essentially outlawed them. Government.

That 58 is a beauty. :thumbs:

Question for you. Of those four cars you have eleven carburetors. What is up with that???:Biggrin:

.........the more carburetors the better !!! , actually they are all factory stock options from the General. If you wanna count the Corvette it has 2 what ever those things are that almost look like carbs on the pretend Z28 crossram intake, so it is 5 cars with 13.....:thumbs:....
yeah am pleased so far with the Cans, not a drop of moisture, not a bug or anything, just wish they were a foot wider. The wagon drove in easy but I crawled out the tailgate, the Vette is small so no problem opening the door. You need a different govt to change the law . !!! This fall will be 43 year anniversary for me and that 58.

Last edited:
If it is like my dads sea can then you have to be careful. Park Pass. side right up against the wall and be careful getting out. My dad has to squeeze a bit...although he is a little bigger than me.

T

If it is like my dads sea can then you have to be careful. Park Pass. side right up against the wall and be careful getting out. My dad has to squeeze a bit...although he is a little bigger than me.

T
yeah you are right. I think they all are 7' 6" inside. Lots of room for the Vette but a bigger car like my 68 wagon you can't get out the door. I crawled out the tail gate and still was enough room for me to walk along side pull the battery out and get out of there. Otherwise maybe a Duke's of Hazard exit out the door window would be only way out. Or just walk along steering it while someone else pushes it. A winch up front would be cool too.

you might be right Black 03 Z06 , can't see how many carburetors it has ? , and my wagon in front of it too. No idea how they had different body styles rolling down the line like that. thanks 4 the pic.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Really appeciate the pics of your vette inside the can! With the long doors and mirrors - it must be a 'little' more than challenging to park it LOL! Or you're super spry! Perfect for longer term for sure.

We've got two 20ft'ers arriving shortly for the same purpose. They're allowed out here (45min outside of Victoria in rural Metchosin) for now but every few years our municipality has a town meeting to discuss a potential change. Then it gets quashed. We made ours pretty much invisible with a barnboard lean-to and camo on the can. Now it just looks like a century old building. Sneaky!
image.jpeg

Interesting that in a area to the south of us there has been several actual buildings made with them. They are stacked on a concrete pad with a probably 30 foot space between the stacked units and then trusses added and doors on the end. Interesting because if you did not see them building it you would probably never know it was sea cans.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.