Dec 15, 2012
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 LS2
I've been wanting my windows tinted for a few years now but have been turned off by the 'dot matrix' on the back window and the resulting air bubbles that emerge if the tint isn't laid down properly. After a little digging around, I found these guys - and literally down the street from my studio - who came highly recommended and I can say am very happy with the results of the tint.

Had the windows done yesterday morning...so it's 24hours after the fact and just as they said, the air around the dot matrix will continue to diminish.
Even now, it really only shows up in direct light. If you look at the shadow from my hand and phone, you can't really see the air around.

They claim that in a few days it'll have dried up and that the air pockets will diminish even further. Wont disappear entirely but will be minimal at best. Then in spring time to take it back to them for another press down to force any air that may still be in there.

They had a couple of cars there that had been tinted some time ago, with dot matrix on widows and they all looked really nice and tight so I went ahead and gave them a go.

Ceramic Tint at $330.00, 4 hours time total, and went with the darkest for the back window and a grade less for the side windows. I 'think' it was 15/30 shade.

Basically, I'm satisfied. Service comes with a lifetime warranty as well.

80-img_6301_c5b8a08ee0fbb938dd305e86bdf1a5cb708cd17f.jpg

David

Last edited by a moderator:
They did my C7 a couple of years ago. Nice job on the windows. I had them do my headlights in a clear protective film afterwards. I should have used them for the front and sides of my car instead of the dealer.

Reactions: DAVIDYR1
Amen to that tyho... the dealer did my C7 front, door sills, fender skirt area, and backs of mirrors. They farmed it out to someone in Red Deer but not sure what company. They only did a so-so job. My C6 had been done in Calgary before I bought it and was a great job.... never even realized it was done on the C6 until the first time I paste waxed it and wondered what that waxy looking line was....lol...

Really nice work on the tint. I bought my car with 35% on the sides and rear. I really liked the tint and didn't find it affected my night vision. But, I did receive a ticket for the side windows and had to pull it off. Someday I may put it back on. I don't know.
Anyway, it's funny to hear that it's illegal in Alberta as so many vehicles with Alberta plates have tinted windows. So they say it's illegal but just not enforce it?

Really nice work on the tint. I bought my car with 35% on the sides and rear. I really liked the tint and didn't find it affected my night vision. But, I did receive a ticket for the side windows and had to pull it off. Someday I may put it back on. I don't know.
Anyway, it's funny to hear that it's illegal in Alberta as so many vehicles with Alberta plates have tinted windows. So they say it's illegal but just not enforce it?
oh... they enforce it.... especially with you kids Riley.... One of our engineers here has an 08 GT Mustang.... He got his ticket about a week ago...

Most of us didn't bother with it unless you gave us another reason to make contact. The odd memeber does look for tint..but they are in the minority. And almost everyone here has it done lol. I can honestly say I have never written that one all those years until I left last year. It is an officer safety issue...but looks sooo damn good haha.

Most of us didn't bother with it unless you gave us another reason to make contact. The odd memeber does look for tint..but they are in the minority. And almost everyone here has it done lol. I can honestly say I have never written that one all those years until I left last year. It is an officer safety issue...but looks sooo damn good haha.

Okey Dokey then.... Tim's gonna use his connections to issue permission slips for all of the Alberta Corvette owners who want to tint our sides.... Woohoo.... :thumbs:

Tinting the front side windows is illegal in NL but generally the police leave you alone unless you give them reason. Then you are guaranteed to get one. But then again, once in a while, there may be the odd one having a bad day and then look out.

Reactions: DAVIDYR1 and Tinman
I've been wanting my windows tinted for a few years now but have been turned off by the 'dot matrix' on the back window and the resulting air bubbles that emerge if the tint isn't laid down properly. After a little digging around, I found these guys - and literally down the street from my studio - who came highly recommended and I can say am very happy with the results of the tint.

Had the windows done yesterday morning...so it's 24hours after the fact and just as they said, the air around the dot matrix will continue to diminish.
Even now, it really only shows up in direct light. If you look at the shadow from my hand and phone, you can't really see the air around.

They claim that in a few days it'll have dried up and that the air pockets will diminish even further. Wont disappear entirely but will be minimal at best. Then in spring time to take it back to them for another press down to force any air that may still be in there.

They had a couple of cars there that had been tinted some time ago, with dot matrix on widows and they all looked really nice and tight so I went ahead and gave them a go.

Ceramic Tint at $330.00, 4 hours time total, and went with the darkest for the back window and a grade less for the side windows. I 'think' it was 15/30 shade.

Basically, I'm satisfied. Service comes with a lifetime warranty as well.

80-img_6301_c5b8a08ee0fbb938dd305e86bdf1a5cb708cd17f.jpg

David
Got tinting done by a guy who works at home. He also does dealer tinting in amherstburg ontario. Got the sides done And a strip across the top front window about six inches wide. Found out later it's illegally wide but have had it two years with no problems from police.Its like anything else if you don't stand out in a crowd you'll be alright.T Think the total cost was only $140 .Has done for other family members and all are happy .

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.