Sep 25, 2021
VetteCoins
Province
AB
I finally took delivery of my C8 just before the snow fall in Calgary and then a couple weeks later my new Aerolarri wheels arrived. Now I need to wait until the spring to get the tires swapped and mounted.

Those of you in Calgary, what’s the best place to take them to get done? Worried about some in-experienced tech scratching up my new wheels.

Thanks.

9E9B5B49-B541-415B-B9DC-ABF526868F62.jpeg

I finally took delivery of my C8 just before the snow fall in Calgary and then a couple weeks later my new Aerolarri wheels arrived. Now I need to wait until the spring to get the tires swapped and mounted.

Those of you in Calgary, what’s the best place to take them to get done? Worried about some in-experienced tech scratching up my new wheels.

Thanks.

View attachment 102424
Nice wheels. What R the specs of your car? Better pic eh - LOL.

2023 Z51 Convertible w/ black interior. Also went with the stealth option inside, in my opinion it looks much better than having all the chrome accents. :)

Just installed the ACS 5VM Front splitter. I have the new Z06 side rockers on order as well, most likely will arrive at the end of November.
31BBD604-AD3C-4F16-9AB6-3F0F7DC9BAF0.jpeg

I have also started to dye the stitching orange to match the car.

Attachments

• A190422E-E354-40A5-8720-49D05AD30B59.jpeg
    A190422E-E354-40A5-8720-49D05AD30B59.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
Reactions: OL Yeller
Could you not order with the matching stitching? I have the carbon fiber which looks great. Competition seats with carbon fiber as well. Nice car. Those wheels will look awesome!!!

Some Edmonton tire shops have the fully automatic Hunter Revolution tire changers that have ++cameras and are computer controlled, which some consider “bullet-proof” for avoiding tire/rim damage. If you find a shop in Calgary with one they’ve been using for awhile, you should be in safe hands. I recommend waiting while it’s done and watching as much as you can. After my rims were swapped out on my 2020 C8, the tech ++ revved my engine before backing it out of the bay, even though I was close by. Recognizing my exhaust note, I walked over and asked him what he was doing. He replied with a smile: “with this car, you just have to do that”. I instantly forgave him however it would have been a different story had I not already passed the 805 km break-in mileage. Good luck!

Good color choice - LOL. I had mine ceramic coated as well. Away now until spring: applied ceramic boost last week entire car including windshield.

Some Edmonton tire shops have the fully automatic Hunter Revolution tire changers that have ++cameras and are computer controlled, which some consider “bullet-proof” for avoiding tire/rim damage. If you find a shop in Calgary with one they’ve been using for awhile, you should be in safe hands. I recommend waiting while it’s done and watching as much as you can. After my rims were swapped out on my 2020 C8, the tech ++ revved my engine before backing it out of the bay, even though I was close by. Recognizing my exhaust note, I walked over and asked him what he was doing. He replied with a smile: “with this car, you just have to do that”. I instantly forgave him however it would have been a different story had I not already passed the 805 km break-in mileage. Good luck!
local ford dealer has one as well
over 60 grand to buy initially a decade ago
does not like to advertise they have it as only 2 guys are authorized to run it
also most who ask for the service they would rather go to the one tire shop in town that also has one
wonder why that is. 🤷‍♀️

Thanks.

View attachment 102424
Go see Mark Lacey at Tunerworks. They do a lot of the high end stuff in Calgary. I've used them for years and I've always been happy.

Reactions: C8-YYC

Thanks.

View attachment 102424
congrats

Reactions: C8-YYC
Since I mentioned the ACS Z06 side skirt for the C8 Stingray earlier….

I just finished installing it earlier today and thought I would share what it looks like.

58D7B796-48EA-47C8-AFC0-2DD74AB18A13.jpeg

The side skirt looks amazing. It’s a nice change from the OEM skirt (which is nice as well).

Can’t wait to get my wheels swapped out. Thanks everyone for the suggestions on where to take it.

Since I mentioned the ACS Z06 side skirt for the C8 Stingray earlier….

I just finished installing it earlier today and thought I would share what it looks like.

View attachment 102934
The side skirt looks amazing. It’s a nice change from the OEM skirt (which is nice as well).

Can’t wait to get my wheels swapped out. Thanks everyone for the suggestions on where to take it.
Nice, real nice. Suggest: mud guards from ACS - they are not cheap but look awesome and protect the sides and front rad guards from Paragon Performance - protect both front rads from stones and bugs, ACS also has a really nice rear license plate holder. Post pics when you get new wheels installed. I guess it will not get driven until spring. AB likes to put serious material on the roads.

@JCWP - yeah. I already bought the rad guards from Paragon and installed them.

And I just ordered the ACS mud guards as they’re on sale from Black Friday.

For sure, I’ll post pics.
Sales are great. Good for you. Both are great mini mods with a true function that look great as well.
Have a great weekend!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.