Nov 12, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51
So I decided I was done waiting for my C7 to come. Two different dealerships, both unable to produce my 2lt z51 in white.

Today I waltzed into my dealership here in Calgary to simply ask for my deposit back. My Fiance' and I quickly noticed a red corvette in the showroom. Our salesman saw us and came to greet us, and upon saying hello I asked sheepishly "is this one for sale". He went to check and came back letting me know it was.

I purchased a 2015 2lt z51 5 K back of sticker! 8km on the odometer!

Anyways, car is not my perfect custom order, but begers can't be chooser and that is clearly a first world problem anyways!

As that is a 2015, I would be real curious how that (in fact both) arrived there as dealer orders before your order that was placed in 2013. I know you are a happy guy and I would be too but, just sayin'... Color alone should not be responsible.

The unfortunate thing, and something you may consider in negotiating the price of the new Vette, is that you are most likely entitled to last year's price on that vehicle, in a manner of speaking. You are and you aren't...

It may be some clever speaking on your part, but when your dealer told you you would be getting a 2015 and not 2014, you became part and parcel to GMs program to retain customers by offering 2014 MY orders at the 2015 MY price. Technically, you lost this right when you dropped your order and picked up the new Vette but, I might be tempted to push that point if I were you, if not just to get some extras thrown in...

Very least...if my dealer never compensated I would definitely contact the Corvette Customer care people and enlist their opinion.

Yes. Post Pictures

Small compromise in my mind and a beautiful car to say the least. :coolgleam:

When I am ready to buy (.... finished shoulder rehab ....) I am prepared to make a couple of compromises to my personal "build". Especially buying a convertible. I understand the convertible components are slow in manufacture.

After actually putting my hands on a few C7 I find there are few colors I wouldn't take home. White (with red interior), red (with red interior), blue with black, they are all now definitely in my wheelhouse.

Did the VY with my C6 so, no.

The red on red with a black top has a lot of potential .... :coolgleam:

The wife pointed out how the black (with red interior) which-was-absolutely-beautiful !!!! but was showing lots of dust, smudges and finger prints .... and it never leaves the show room. I just can't get past the smudges. I'd go crazy .... :(

Enjoy your car.

Dick

Congrats again Jarett!

Lol this guy has been going nuts trying to get this car for a year and a half now haha. Now he has one and can't drive it for another few months. :p

Certainly strange the dealer got an unsold one on their lot, when you had a deposit down waiting to get yours built.

Post up some pics and info for the people!

So,

I believe this was an order for another person who cancelled. I'm pretty sure.

This one actually has RED - GREY interior which actually looks really sharp believe it or not! The silver rims help it, but I'm certain I'll be plastidipping the rims to a darker colour.

The winter is going to be grueling.

In regards to pricing, I got around 4500 Dollars off sticker. Not a bad deal.

So,

I believe this was an order for another person who cancelled. I'm pretty sure.

This one actually has RED - GREY interior which actually looks really sharp believe it or not! The silver rims help it, but I'm certain I'll be plastidipping the rims to a darker colour.

The winter is going to be grueling.

In regards to pricing, I got around 4500 Dollars off sticker. Not a bad deal.

Congratulations!!! :driving:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.