Funny you say that, I think a lot of people actually don't know what it is. One girl thought it was a Lambo (lol), and another person asked what model it was--to which I assumed they meant trim so I said it's a Z06 and they looked puzzled.

• Haha
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Get use to it lupo. These cars attract attention. And to be honest, a goodly percentge of the people giving the wave and thumbs probably don't know what your car is... just that it's hot..... :thumbs:

Agreed. In the Z I am getting plenty of thumbs (not fingers like when I’m in the H1)
We as owners become desensitized to just how attractive the corvettes are. But the folks around us see them as expensive high performance dream cars and as long as we are not driving them like tools will almost always be positive. Sometimes it takes me quite a while to get out of the Home Depot parking lot. Lots of poor husbands with their wives hauling flowers into the minivan just want to have a good look and chat. My Corvette grin is impossible to hide and you can see these guys doing the math in their head as we chat.
Pretty cool experience.

Widebody Z06 is something else in person. My SG with black rims and aero , 2 years ago when they were pretty rare, was quite the attention getter. You know who liked it the most ? Boys under 10 lol. So many dads said their sons asked if i were Batman!

Yes I get the Batmobile reference more than half the time too. Lol.

Being Italian I'm still a fan of Lambos and Ferraris - albeit having driven and been in them quite often, the Vette is certainly a match for the 'exotics'. Here are a couple of pics of my friends working on their cars at my place. Tranny flush on the 360.... bad news as there were quite a bit of metal shavings in the fluid. Repair on my Grand Sport still has not started and its been 2 weeks since I was rear ended. (So far, and repair estimate will not be complete until next Tuesday), we are at $31K WTF!! Sure miss driving it, and I agree, its not an exotic but still gets plenty of thumbs up when Im out cruising with my buds!

Attachments

• Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 16
I wouldn’t turn my nose up at either of those cars. Would love a chance to drive either of them some day. High performance and high maintenance is what I’m getting out of these super car discussions. If you love the car and have the $ why not.
It does seem the Corvettes are generally more durable and can be maintained for far less. The reasons for this has been debated to death so I’m leaving that there.
Paul that is a huge amount of damage on your Vette man. I truly feel for you having to go through this crap over someone’s negligence. I hope ICBC looks after you properly and the car is fixed quickly.

• Agree
Thank ddgermann.... with ICBC its usually a one way street. Accelerated depreciation is very rarely paid out unless you can actually prove you lost money due to the accident declaration on the car. We all know that my car will sell for less, but ICBC wont acknowledge it. I asked a local dealership if I can 'preorder' a C8 leaving them $$ for down payment and an agreed upon trade in price on my car and they can take the car, just honor the agreed trade in value when the C8 is out ...... I knew the answer (NO) but thought I would ask anyway. I could trade it on a 2018-2019 and show trade in value loss and potentially get paid the depreciation, but, I dont really want to trade it in on basically the same car that I have. For the C8 I would have done the deal... I hope to have some answers over the next 10 days or so.

That would have been an interesting deal for the C8 Paul. It’s unfortunate your dealer doesn’t have the vision you have. Seems customers are only as good as their latest purchase these days. Bean counters run the world now and it shows everywhere.
It’s damn frustrating for you to take a beating when you were not at fault. Not sure if the government mandated insurance is the best for the province. Seems sketchy when the insurance company is suing itself in many cases. Who pays.... ya you.
I lived in BC for 10 years and as awesome as that province is.... ICBC was something I was glad to leave behind. If you can get a decent trade value and the depreciation covered on a 18 or 19 it might be the quickest way to get back to enjoying your summer. (just be sure to hang onto those doors handles). Ok sorry bad joke.
You have a Viper in the garage as well right? .... or was that Flyboy??

Look forward to finding out things get settled and your back in the seat.

Derek.

• Agree
That would have been an interesting deal for the C8 Paul. It’s unfortunate your dealer doesn’t have the vision you have. Seems customers are only as good as their latest purchase these days. Bean counters run the world now and it shows everywhere.
It’s damn frustrating for you to take a beating when you were not at fault. Not sure if the government mandated insurance is the best for the province. Seems sketchy when the insurance company is suing itself in many cases. Who pays.... ya you.
I lived in BC for 10 years and as awesome as that province is.... ICBC was something I was glad to leave behind. If you can get a decent trade value and the depreciation covered on a 18 or 19 it might be the quickest way to get back to enjoying your summer. (just be sure to hang onto those doors handles). Ok sorry bad joke.
You have a Viper in the garage as well right? .... or was that Flyboy??

Look forward to finding out things get settled and your back in the seat.

Derek.

LOL... No Viper in my garage ddgermann, albeit I do believe you are correct that its in flyboy's garage. I'm down to 3 cars...Mercedes - Tbird and Vette... Oh wait!! No......no vette in the garage either. I'll let you guys know how it turns out but I'm pretty sure I'll be bending over.... Can I say that?!

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
LOL... No Viper in my garage ddgermann, albeit I do believe you are correct that its in flyboy's garage. I'm down to 3 cars...Mercedes - Tbird and Vette... Oh wait!! No......no vette in the garage either. I'll let you guys know how it turns out but I'm pretty sure I'll be bending over.... Can I say that?!

You can definitely say that Paul... We feel for ya man!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.