Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Keith can't play, he is too quick. :rofl:

Q7vD32Xl.jpg

MRoxxMdl.jpg

4orDnedl.jpg

Bingo. We have our winner Buckhorn 76 (get back to work Doug!). Bonus points to Graham for actually having the album for the Beach Boys "Little Deuce Coupe". Hard to believe that the one year only 1932 Ford is still the iconic hot rod. Beautiful cars in design.

This 32 was owned by Clarence "Chili" Catallo from Michigan who bought the car in 1955. Bill Wanderer built the 324" Olds engine for it. The Alexander brothers, Mike and Larry (some great custom cars and trucks from this pair) also from Michigan did the original custom modifications. Chili took the car to California sometime later and legendary custom builder George Barris chopped the top and repainted the car into the iconic blue shown in the album and photos above.

Chili drag raced the car a few times turning a best of 12.9 at 112 mph.

Still a beauty. Well done guys.

They may not have surfed but they seemed to know what was popular out there in those days. Then there was Ronnie and the Daytonas and others who were into the street scene with their records. They were great times.

the only member of the beach boys that surfed was dennis wilson. ronnie and the daytonas were a little known florida band that the head of the pontiac division, jim wangars, hired to record l'il gto for promo. the beach boys had wanted too much money to do it. :D

What's an Oldsmobile? :D

You know, I didn't even notice the valve covers until looking at the car a second time and even if I did, I would not have known it was an Olds motor. Good info guys! You learn something everyday!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread