Casual User
Sep 26, 2013
Saskatoon, Sk
VetteCoins
Car
2011 Grand Sport 3LT
Province
SK
I'm interested in a C5 Corvette located in Edmonton, and hoping I can find someone in the Edmonton area to check it out for me. Normally I would drive out and check it out myself and drive it home but not interested in driving it back to Saskatoon mid winter, and don't want to rent a trailer and drive there and back if its not what he claims it is. Let me know if you can help me out.

I'm interested in a C5 Corvette located in Edmonton, and hoping I can find someone in the Edmonton area to check it out for me. Normally I would drive out and check it out myself and drive it home but not interested in driving it back to Saskatoon mid winter, and don't want to rent a trailer and drive there and back if its not what he claims it is. Let me know if you can help me out.

I am not experienced on the C5, but would definately help you out if needed. What is the address in Edmonton? I should have a bit of spare time this weekend.

I could tag along and bug the salesman while Ziggy does the mechanic thing

and see how they are on price and stuff lack of dealer fees and so on if you wish
a little under the weather today though

Jeff
Thanks for the offer Jeff. I don't mind at all if you tag along, but I'll let you and Ziggy work that all out! :)

Uhoh, why did Abbott and Costello pop into my head? Now who's on first?
006fefa0b6223f2025dc2a1b09cf6766--bud-abbott-abbott-and-costello.jpg

These 2 would be perfect for this task. Ziggy has an amazing eye for detail and knows what he’s looking for and Jeff could make Satan himself blush with his wit and sarcasm.

So all in all a good team to look over a Corvette. Both fun guys so you are well represented.

Love to be watching this one from 10 feet away.

:ROFL:

Best of good fortune to "grundy" in the end.
Whether he finds a real gem to purchase following Ziggy's (and/or Jeff's) "review" or
finds Ziggy (and/or Jeff) most helpful if he has to run like hell away from it.
I only speculate it's a win-win either way for "grundy" this way.
I can only imagine the task and worry without having this help for the "sight unseen".
It says a lot about the trust that this fine group in CCF has earned.
:thumbs:

I went and looked at the car tonight as per grundy's request. The seller has described it as being in "mint condition". It is quite suprising how someone else's opinion of mint, and my opinion is completely different. The car has a major 18" long by 3 inch wide scrape on the passenger side rocker panel. It definately had some serious contact with a curb or rock. Never mind the paint is completely gone, there are huge deep gouges in the fiberglass, not cracked but requires some serious bodywork. Several other pretty significant scrapes and scratches were noted at many different locations on the body. The LF rim kissed the curb and has serious damage. It has a new windshield and tires, but that does not help the body at all. Engine seemed to run nice, no smoke and ran very quiet with no noticeable abnormal noises. The interior in very nice and fairly clean condition. I would rate the overall condition of the car as a 6.5 out of 10. Definately a far cry from being mint and far from the sellers asking price.

10 out of 10 for Grundy :thumbs:
10 out of 10 for Ziggy :thumbs:
10 out of 10 for allowing the rest of us to see how this played out ...

:( sad ending knowing that Grundy continues with the task of waiting looking doing it all over again with a "Seller".
it's great to know that Grundy was not alone with "it"
From acquisition through to maintenance and more, this CCF is a great place.

Should this "seller" see this thread ... sharpen sales tactic by being up front with that damage.
Price negotiating aside, there just might be that one buyer out there that would say "no big deal" because that's the buyer you need.
It's not rocket science ...

I really don't get why sellers of Vettes or other fast/special cars are not upfront with the condition/issues of the car. The chances of selling it to someone completely gullible are pretty slim so probability is you will get someone who will properly inspect the car who's time you will promptly waste.

I'm always horribly honest with my appraisals of cars I've sold in the past. But this way when you come you can just bring a cheque and be on your way as there will not be a single surprise waiting for you.

Anyway, good job lads on the teamwork here.

I really don't get why sellers of Vettes or other fast/special cars are not upfront with the condition/issues of the car. The chances of selling it to someone completely gullible are pretty slim so probability is you will get someone who will properly inspect the car who's time you will promptly waste.

I'm always horribly honest with my appraisals of cars I've sold in the past. But this way when you come you can just bring a cheque and be on your way as there will not be a single surprise waiting for you.

Anyway, good job lads on the teamwork here.

You are so right Nik. I have bought 2 “pre-owned” Corvettes and was so pleased with the sellers and the openness of the little things on both cars. To the point of replacing things for me before I picked it up and throwing in extra tires. Never mind holding back obvious body damage. Wow
A seller that pulls that is going to have that car for a while. The market is small and word travels fast. ie: this forum and Ziggy’s revelations above.
I am looking at the seller as much as the car as the real story of how the car was treated is right there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.