Oct 16, 2017
vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
Despite having successful parents. Mine made us get jobs. Especially when we started smoking cigarettes and drinking beer as teens. Parents didn't care, as long as they didn't pay for it! My older brother did the gas station deal and got a job with an Esso station. I wanted to get laid and went in another direction. Got a job with Club Monaco, since it was the late 1980's and into the 1990's. Their stores popular then. It was me and one or two others guys working with about 20 girls of various ages. I was also lucky in that my father bought made to measure or hand made suits, etc........ So I had a hook up at Cambridge Canada the main suit distributor for suits from Zegna, etc....... My first tip..... Buy either John Flueflog shoes and boots. Its a Vancouver mecca for girls and shoes, etc.....

Fluevog Shoes | Unique Shoes for Men and Women

or buy Doc Martins from their made in England collections.

Made in England | Canada

Both can be "pricey" but worth it when women ask about your shoes or boots!

Here's some fashion... I've heard this gets girls interested as quick as Doc Martins. :Biggrin:

upload_2017-11-25_20-55-8.png

Yep, pair the Corvette T-shirt with the right jeans and boots. You can get laid fast........

As long as you have the car too...haha

Hehe.... you guys are funny..... In my day we didn't have Corvette T-shirts..... and Doc Martin was the guy treating my tonsillitis..... We had to rely on our suave good looks, tight six packs, and our superior wit to attract the girls...... o_O
:rofl:

Both my next door neighbors have early 20's something kids.... All five of the kids think me and their parents are full of it when we discuss how we met other "kids" at Seven Eleven and even Macs or Hasty Markets or the mall food court, etc. No cell or texting, etc. I miss those days.

We didn't have Seven Elevens or Mac's back then...or anything else other than a General Store near where I lived.... So meeting kids was confined to who you met in school. (which were pretty much also who lived in the community...lol... I remember when the first McDonalds opened. Everyone was amazed that you could order and get your meal from a window.... lol.... A bunch of us kids use to snowmobile the 10 miles or so from home down the lakes and trails, cross the old highway and all pull into Mc D's at night to consume copious amounts of Big Macs.... hehe.... I miss lots of things about those days too....

We didn't have Seven Elevens or Mac's back then...or anything else other than a General Store near where I lived.... So meeting kids was confined to who you met in school. (which were pretty much also who lived in the community...lol... I remember when the first McDonalds opened. Everyone was amazed that you could order and get your meal from a window.... lol.... A bunch of us kids use to snowmobile the 10 miles or so from home down the lakes and trails, cross the old highway and all pull into Mc D's at night to consume copious amounts of Big Macs.... hehe.... I miss lots of things about those days too....

I expect the danger of being eaten by dinosaurs while walking 25 miles to school must have been a concern in the spring too. The moon had only 2 craters on it then as well and shined brighter.
I'm joking like he** Eric as you know.
Your McDonalds reference made me think of the A&Ws. I remember the park and wait for the girl to bring you the window tray thing. It took forever to get food sometimes and that's just the way it went. Imagine the horror of waiting more that 30 seconds for an A&W meal today. And yes... the kid getting your meal will likely be texting the entire time you are talking to them ordering.

But today not having a cell phone welded in to your hand is just not "fashionable" :Biggrin:

Reactions: Riley P
I expect the danger of being eaten by dinosaurs while walking 25 miles to school must have been a concern in the spring too. The moon had only 2 craters on it then as well and shined brighter.
I'm joking like he** Eric as you know.
Your McDonalds reference made me think of the A&Ws. I remember the park and wait for the girl to bring you the window tray thing. It took forever to get food sometimes and that's just the way it went. Imagine the horror of waiting more that 30 seconds for an A&W meal today. And yes... the kid getting your meal will likely be texting the entire time you are talking to them ordering.

But today not having a cell phone welded in to your hand is just not "fashionable" :Biggrin:

Interesting you should mention that Derek. I was just about to tell the story about the time I shot a ruffed grouse out of an apple tree and a Pterodactyl swooped down and grabbed it before it hit the ground.... That grouse would have fed our family for a week..... :rolleyes:

I look at my neighbors kids and my relatives that are under 25. I go what the heck happened to kids these days? Sure it is more "dangerous" now. I'm conservative in that I want to go back before soccer moms and mini vans. I was 11 going to the local mall to meet and "impress" girls. Now I think mommy drives you around until 16!

I look at my neighbors kids and my relatives that are under 25. I go what the heck happened to kids these days? Sure it is more "dangerous" now. I'm conservative in that I want to go back before soccer moms and mini vans. I was 11 going to the local mall to meet and "impress" girls. Now I think mommy drives you around until 16!

They are called "Helicopter Parents" and before I semi retired last May, the word came up pretty often when we ran employment opportunity ads for engineers, techs, etc. If you can believe this, we had new university grads actually advise in a first interview that if selected, a parent would be sitting in for the final interview to discuss the position and salary..... Yeah right. Numerous occasions of phone calls from parents complaining that their kid didn't get invited for a second interview and how harmful that can be to a child's confidence later in life... and so on and so on....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread