Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
SL550 MB :-)
Province
ON
Hey Folks,

Just seeing who is getting this?

I found a guy here in Ottawa that does Hydrographics it looks wicked!!!!

He will do the interior parts that GM has in real CF for 30% less than the FA5 option.

My questions are thoughts on CF and as well has anyone ever had any thing on they cars or bikes hydrodipped?

Here are some pics of his work and a YouTube link to his operation.

Hydrograhpics CF

Cheers,

Kevin

Attachments

• It's+All+In+The+Details+-+Carbon+Subaru+WRX+Interior+Trim 2.jpg
    It's+All+In+The+Details+-+Carbon+Subaru+WRX+Interior+Trim 2.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 33
  • It's+All+In+The+Details+-+Carbon+Subaru+WRX+Interior+Trim.jpg
    It's+All+In+The+Details+-+Carbon+Subaru+WRX+Interior+Trim.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 33
if ya gotta have CF...nothing like the real deal
I hear ya about the "real deal" C8L, as well I guess its done when you get your rig on delivery as well. But $1200 tax inc. vs $1695+tax makes me go that saves me $ that I can put towards PPF :)

I'm not really worried about any weight factor as a Big Mac puts it right back when my butt will get in the car hahahahahah :)

I would be most concerned about removing and re-installing the interior parts without
breaking clips and ending up with squeaks and rattles. I'm going to pay the price and
have it factory installed.

Other thing too is warranty. “set it and forget it “.... OEM all under ... to me peace of mind, OEM install, warranty plus your comment on risk of damage etc is worth the real deal ... 👍🏻👍🏻

This could potentially void the warranty on parts around the area that was taken apart. I just spoke to our service advisors. Here's what they said:

- The warranty on the components you are hydro-dipping will be void.
- The warranty on all other components may be void if the work being done to do the hydro-dipping is the cause of the damage. For example, a foreign object being left in the dash or doors, the components not being put back together exactly how they are supposed to be, or anything that was damaged while the work was taking place.

If everything is done 100% correctly, you'll be fine. Now, this is all up to the discretion of the warranty manager at the dealership you're working with. They might be nice and let something small slide, or they might point out one tiny flaw and say, "your warranty is done".

Personally I feel.that CF is used to shave ounces for track performance, which in my opinion is not the environment for this iteration. On a ZR1 or Z06 type iteration, sure. on this car, IMO, it's just for aesthetics, unless you're going to mod the crap out of it mechanically.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread