Icecap

Casual User
You're Celebrated Completionist Award
Mar 14, 2019
VetteCoins
I have a mod on my Christmas list, being OCD and wanting to do things "right" I'm asking for help and advice from those that have done the F1 paddle shift mod to their A6. I've done quite a few searches of the forum as well as downloading the product installation .pdf but can't seem to find an answer to my questions and confusion. My issue is that in the many forum posts as well as attached pictures and wanting to be sure that everything correctly matches in function and appearance. My main concern is that the new paddle shift module that is installed on the LH side matches the appearance of the RH side but that it also displays the Negative Minus (-) sign designated for downshift. The installation .pdf only displays the Positive (+) symbol on the module in the illustration. I have also checked the descriptions of the product at several vendors sites and found a front and rear view of the module at one vendors website but the thumb button of the module shows a Plus (+) symbol not the Negative (-) symbol which would be dumb and counter intuitive for a reassigned function. In the many forum posts I've read I also saw one picture where the paddles thumb buttons had Up and Down arrow symbols instead of the Plus and Minus symbols and wondered what the source of those were?
Thanks in advance for any advice and assistance!

x-2145_68.jpg

It is a fact that the modified F1 paddle that matches the left paddle has the exact same + sign on that modified paddle.
The only thing that has been done to that modified paddle is exchanging 2 wires to make it different than the other paddle.
Some that have purchased the modified paddle from ZIp / WCC or other vendors have used a black sharpie to rub out the + sign to make it look like a minus.
One can do the exact same thing by reversing the wires in the paddle and save the $$ by not purchasing the modified, highly priced paddle that the vendors sell.

It is a fact that the modified F1 paddle that matches the left paddle has the exact same + sign on that modified paddle.
The only thing that has been done to that modified paddle is exchanging 2 wires to make it different than the other paddle.
Some that have purchased the modified paddle from ZIp / WCC or other vendors have used a black sharpie to rub out the + sign to make it look like a minus.
One can do the exact same thing by reversing the wires in the paddle and save the $$ by not purchasing the modified, highly priced paddle that the vendors sell.
Thank you very much.

Could you post where you got your extensions and paddles? They look great and I’d be interested in getting some

Sorry for the slow response but if you are still interested in the paddle shifter mods that I made, contact me at my email of..... [email protected]
I would be happy to provide you with the details..... Ken

Initial purchases of these was from a US Corvette forum member that makes the adapters, and he shared the ebay link for the paddles.
Now there is a US vendor that sells both for a US$99.95

I also have the info on the member to buy the adapter, and the ebay link for the paddles. start conversation with me by right clicking on my username.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread