This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Featured Extra 22 RWHP, Thanks Race Ready

Featured Thread

tyho

Power User
Aug 20, 2014
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
Province
ON
A thank you to Dave and Nigel at Race Ready. Had a MDS intake installed, after they installed a Katech light weight flywheel and a DSS carbon drive shaft. Car handles and works great. These guys are a class act, highly recommended.

Attachments

• 0C431A45-92D1-4C33-AB6F-63B17009C9EB.jpeg
    376.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Do you notice any difference with the light weight flywheel? I have heard that some experience more noise. Supposed to rev up and down faster.

Yes, more noise. It sounds a bit like gravel in the dryer around 1600 rpm in 1st gear, otherwise no other issue. Sound goes away once the RPM hits 2000. I also had a light weight balancer installed and a trunnion upgrade. Car performs more like a track car, although I don't track it. It does rev up and down a bit quicker. The dual mass flywheel is heavy, almost twice the weight of the Katech and the carbon shaft looses about 10 lbs. the balancer about 3 lbs less. Total weight loss about 33+/- lbs.

I didn't realize that DSS also made carbon fiber drive shafts for the Corvette. Are they just for the C7? I was looking at getting one for my Challenger because they are much stronger and less rotating mass.

Take a look at their website and/or contact them. They do make carbon shafts for other vehicles. Very nice quality products.

They look very strong and no need for couplers.

Users who are viewing this thread