Sep 25, 2012
Dorchester Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1990 ZR-1
Hi guys! Curious to see what type of wax you use on your vettes? For some time now I have used Mothers Pure Cordova wax, which brings the red up to a nice shine. Also wondered if you have to use a cleaner wax every time you want to re wax? Thanks Happy motoring.

Not sure what CTP is? I would have thought I would get more info in regards to question on the forum?

Cruzin....If you use the Search Forums feature, toss in a few key words (much like Goggle), the forum will spit you out more posts to answer your question than a Funk and Wagnells.... :Biggrin:

But just in case you don't want to read 300 previous responses, I use Mequiars Ultimate liquid wax. Always have with both Vettes I have had. It's a hydrophobic polymer synthetic that goes on easy... buffs easy.... no white residues...can wax in the sun.... lasts many more washes than non-synthetics.... great shine and depth...I wax in February and depending on how much I wash, I don't wax again until the next February. It lasts, beads water, and looks exactly like the day it was applied all summer long. After washing, I detail with Lucas Slick Mist and swear by it as well. I can mist and wipe the whole car at once before I buff.... It's way easier than "apply to a small area, allow to dry and buff immediately", and it does a great job.... Makes the finish pop..... On an older car, you may need a clay bar treatment to remove environmental debis, a deep clean and a polish prior to waxing but if you do a good thorough job the first time, you shouldn't need to do anything else for a long while...Just in case, you can buy both the products I use at Cdn T, and they won't break most people's bank....

This is what my car looks like all summer after every wash and detail. This is a true photo... no file manipulation or photoshop stuff and in 3 years it has never had anything besides wax and slick mist detailer.....

DSCN8175 (2).JPG

Cruzin....If you use the Search Forums feature, toss in a few key words (much like Goggle), the forum will spit you out more posts to answer your question than a Funk and Wagnells.... :Biggrin:

But just in case you don't want to read 300 previous responses, I use Mequiars Ultimate liquid wax. Always have with both Vettes I have had. It's a hydrophobic polymer synthetic that goes on easy... buffs easy.... no white residues...can wax in the sun.... lasts many more washes than non-synthetics.... great shine and depth...I wax in February and depending on how much I wash, I don't wax again until the next February. It lasts, beads water, and looks exactly like the day it was applied all summer long. After washing, I detail with Lucas Slick Mist and swear by it as well. I can mist and wipe the whole car at once before I buff.... It's way easier than "apply to a small area, allow to dry and buff immediately", and it does a great job.... Makes the finish pop..... On an older car, you may need a clay bar treatment to remove environmental debis, a deep clean and a polish prior to waxing but if you do a good thorough job the first time, you shouldn't need to do anything else for a long while...Just in case, you can buy both the products I use at Cdn T, and they won't break most people's bank....

This is what my car looks like all summer after every wash and detail. This is a true photo... no file manipulation or photoshop stuff and in 3 years it has never had anything besides wax and slick mist detailer.....

View attachment 17669
Thanks for Info Rruuff! Great shine you have there, I have used the same wax but I have never misted it after with Lucas Slick Mist, My vette shines great already perhaps I will mist to get a better pop in the finish. Happy Motoring!

• Useful
Reactions: Vegas1500
both Rick9456 and Rruuff Day have really nice cars, both are real solutions that work (spence as well if you wish to count calgarians)

the real question is

R U CLOSE ENOUGH TO THEM FOR THEM TO DO THE WORK AND HAVE YOU WATCH FROM A NEARBY LAW CHAIR,

that my son is the real question, I will buy some black fire soon and hope it is easy to put on

Jeffy the student of all that is holy and the purveyor of easy solutions to complex problems even when they do not make much sense

View attachment 17669
what are the tire's resting on?

what are the tire's resting on?
built a wood frame with bevelled edge to drive up on and non slip cheap cupboard liner glued to the bottom so they don't slide when I drive up on them. 2 inch depth to accept 2 inch styrofoam SM insulation to cushion the rubber... easy breezy... Overbuild the size though.... mine are too close and a bit of an exercise to position them exactly right. I have marker lines drawn on my floor now so they are positioned right. Surprising how much the styrofoam compresses.

I used to use Mothers wax,but now use Chemical Guys Jet Seal sealer followed by their Butter Wax.But first I use their Clean Slate wash to remove all the old layers of wax.

Reactions: Keith Tedford
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.