How many did or did not purchase an extended warranty.
I know it's a personal preference.
Has anyone have any major issue's with their C7's
Just curious.

3 Z06s and purchased the ExW for none of them. The only problem was a wheel speed sensor on the 13 and it was not covered on the factory warranty let alone an extended version.
Some guys knowing they are keeping the car long term definitely want this warranty but from what I’ve read on here and other places it’s a very sketchy thing in both price and coverage.

Reactions: RobZ06
I have a 2016 Ray and a 2017 Ray and 3 late model daily GM drivers (2015, 2015 & 2017) ... however I stopped buying extended warranties in 1995 .... I’m not saying anything more as it’s a matter of either worrying or not 🙏🏻 Now where’s my wine glass .... 😁👍🏻

How many did or did not purchase an extended warranty.
I know it's a personal preference.
Has anyone have any major issue's with their C7's
Just curious.

I seriously considered the extended warranty on mine just before the 3 yrs ran out. My dealer quoted me 2900 for the 7 year/84,000 km extended but another dealer informed me that it was actually 7 years from the purchase date so only 4 extra years and a total of 84,000, not an extra 84,000 (km didn't matter to me as I knew I wouldn't mile out in that time frame anyway). My dealer sells the FCPP warranty which just happened to be owned by the same people that owned the dealership (Wheaton family). After researching FCPP reviews and reading the fine print of the things not covered and the grief thay give you when there is a problem, I asked about the GM extended warranty. I was flat out told they don't offer it... which surprised the hell out of me.... GM dealer doesn't offer GM extended warranty?..... To make a long story short... shorter..ok.... longer.... lol, I went to another GM dealer who did offer the GM plan. I read the small print and researched reviews and they were certainly the best option. Their price for the same plan was 3200 for the same 7 (4) year plan. I showed him my FCPP quote and he immediately said he would match that, which told me, and have since found out, that there is a HUGE dealer mark-up on extended warranty plans. The coverage and the reviews were much better with the GM plan but I still decided that I would have to be an abnormality to actually receive value for my warranty purchase. Keep in mind that powertrain is good for 5 years so in that area I would only be extending warranty for 2 years... I only put about 6000 km per year on my Vette so decided in the end that I would take my chances and spend my 3000 on bourbon and beer.... So far so good. I give Woodford Reserve Kentucky bourbon a solid 10 out of 10..... :thumbs:

Woodford Reserve....not a bad choice....bourbon is the only way to go.....Have a nice 18 year old old Pappy Van Winkles waiting for the right day.

Extended warranties also help with resale value. Maybe not the whole price paid for the warranty buts it’s definitely a consideration in a re-sale.

Woodford Reserve....not a bad choice....bourbon is the only way to go.....Have a nice 18 year old old Pappy Van Winkles waiting for the right day.

Extended warranties also help with resale value. Maybe not the whole price paid for the warranty buts it’s definitely a consideration in a re-sale.

It actually does nothing in my experience for the value... however it is a good enticement to sell the car.
So we kind of agree 😂

It actually does nothing in my experience for the value... however it is a good enticement to sell the car.
So we kind of agree 😂
You are probably more accurate than I was. I know I have sold several cars with left over extended warranty and I was able to hang on to my asking because of the additional “value” or perceived value. So we do agree. You said it better. I’m not worthy.....

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.