Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
I posted this on the MidEngine forum but I thought it would interest others.
Because of our height differences and preferences, my wife and I have settings matched to our key fobs while the exit memory sets for all.
When she exits the car the steering wheel doesn't have to move much, if any, because she sits much closer to the dash than I do and the seat moves all the way back for her.
When I exit the car the seat is already well back and at the exit point, but the steering wheel is also out and we want it in for entering and exiting the car. It now seldom moves more than 1/4 of an inch and I have to hold the exit button to get it to go where it is supposed to be for exiting.
The motor works just fine when using the button on the column and the exit button on the door.
It's a piss of for me. When exiting we want the steering wheel in and the seat out.
Anyway, I thought I'd mention it. It is happening to many others it seems and is likely a bug in the software. So hopefully a patch will come at some point.
BTW, for it to engage one must open the driver door shortly after turning off the engine.

I've only set mine for one person (me) so can't say how it would work for a second person, but my dealer said it should be the same. I had fun initially since my dealer incorrectly ID'd the "primary key fob" so at first, the car was programmed for the second key fob. Once I figured that out, I started using the primary key fob and set it up with my name. I know either fob will work but I was initially confused when entering the car and seeing the screen identify the second fob.

I programmed my seat preferences: both for driving and exiting. Since then it's worked fine: the seat goes all the way back and the steering wheel retracts (goes down) all the way when the engine is shut off. I don't need to open the driver's side door for that to happen. Then as soon as I start the car, the steering wheel goes out to my setting plus the seat goes forward a bit. In other words, it's working just fine. Perhaps have your dealer check it out to see if it's a warranty claim or as you say, a software update is needed, with your C8 built before mine.

Reactions: ABC and Murray20c8
I've only set mine for one person (me) so can't say how it would work for a second person, but my dealer said it should be the same. I had fun initially since my dealer incorrectly ID'd the "primary key fob" so at first, the car was programmed for the second key fob. Once I figured that out, I started using the primary key fob and set it up with my name. I know either fob will work but I was initially confused when entering the car and seeing the screen identify the second fob.

I programmed my seat preferences: both for driving and exiting. Since then it's worked fine: the seat goes all the way back and the steering wheel retracts (goes down) all the way when the engine is shut off. I don't need to open the driver's side door for that to happen. Then as soon as I start the car, the steering wheel goes out to my setting plus the seat goes forward a bit. In other words, it's working just fine. Perhaps have your dealer check it out to see if it's a warranty claim or as you say, a software update is needed, with your C8 built before mine.
Interesting. The manual says the door has to be opened for it to work. It can be open before or after the car is shut off. I'll go try that. Maybe opening the door is wrong and so is the manual. They have been known to be wrong.

Funny, small sample size but it just didn't work properly for me just now. Neither entry or exit. So I thought maybe I should put the key in the cupholder and reprogram it. Now it seems to work, but I still do have to open the door for it to perform. I'll see if that fixes it. I tried both with the key in my pocket and the cup holder. Fingers crossed.

My c7 did a similar thing...turns out the seat back has a sensor in it behind the seat to suppress movement if it binds against a package or a jacket or whatever. the result is if the seat is too far back the whole system of memory basically shuts down...seat movement, steering wheel movement etc. Try adjusting the seat just a little forward and try it. Mine will actually not move if I lean too hard against the seat back with it adjusted too far back. I’m tall, so leg room for entry /exit is important to me and I don’t have it forward much even for driving position. Once you get on to it, you will know how far back you can go before the sensor stops movement. Hope this works on a c8 and helps you out. Even the dealer didn’t know about this when I complained. Had to figure it out for myself.

• Informative
Reactions: Dik and Murray20c8
I am in the same boat as netsinah. I have only programed one fob for myself with the driver settings and exit settings and it works like a charm. (For me) When I turn off the engine and push the door lock button all move to exit mode. Then when I get back in the car and close the door and hit the ignition button, the settings all move to my memorized driver position. I love it and no issues. But we have not programed the second fob for my wife settings. Maybe next year. hahaha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.