Dec 8, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
ON
Just wondering if any C8 owners have experienced this…..after a track day at Mosport, my exhaust tips (even after cleaning) are now a gold-ish hue with purple rings. Yes, I know it’s from the heat (yes, the car is awesome on track and was pushed to redline lap after lap) and I’ve had other cars on track and this hasn’t happened. And yes, some folks pay money to have their exhaust tips this colour😛. Is this a quality issue I should take up with the dealer?

Attachments

• 13F9C64B-9364-4F8D-AD7C-6CD76E120277.jpeg
    13F9C64B-9364-4F8D-AD7C-6CD76E120277.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
No track alignment, but did DCT top up. Didn’t record a proper time. I was in an aggressive intermediate group and I was around 230 on the back straight on most laps, and broke 240 a few times. It was first time out with the car and I haven’t been out in a couple of years, so I expect my times and speed will improve next time.

How did you fare? Did you have a track alignment?

z51 No track alignment. Advanced group. Second lapping day at ctmp in c8 (many hundreds of laps open wheel regional) c8 best 1:35:9 147 mph 237kph. If u broke 240 you got an exceptional launch out of 5b. Way to go👍 The PDR and Cosworth software are fascinating
will be interesting with the alignment. Next time

z51 No track alignment. Advanced group. Second lapping day at ctmp in c8 (many hundreds of laps open wheel regional) c8 best 1:35:9 147 mph 237kph. If u broke 240 you got an exceptional launch out of 5b. Way to go👍 The PDR and Cosworth software are fascinating
will be interesting with the alignment. Next time
Curious. Do you have FE4? Did you adjust the PTM settings? Obviously, Driver Mode in Track, and I adjusted between ‘Dry’ and ‘Sport’. I didn’t feel comfortable enough yet to go to ‘Race 1’ or ‘Race 2’, and started to feel more understeer in the last few corners as the day wore on.

Curious. Do you have FE4? Did you adjust the PTM settings? Obviously, Driver Mode in Track, and I adjusted between ‘Dry’ and ‘Sport’. I didn’t feel comfortable enough yet to go to ‘Race 1’ or ‘Race 2’, and started to feel more understeer in the last few corners as the day wore on.
FE4 yes. PTM mode 4 - sport 2

Great thanks
What brake pads are you using? The factory pads are good but half worn after 1 track day at CTMP. I tried Carbotec xp10 front and xp8 rear and G-loc 12 and 10 but get issues with the rotors wobbling after a couple of track days but pads are not worn down. I keep getting the wobble back and have bed the brakes properly. Turning or changing the rotors works temporarily. Anyone else get this?

What brake pads are you using? The factory pads are good but half worn after 1 track day at CTMP. I tried Carbotec xp10 front and xp8 rear and G-loc 12 and 10 but get issues with the rotors wobbling after a couple of track days but pads are not worn down. I keep getting the wobble back and have bed the brakes properly. Turning or changing the rotors works temporarily. Anyone else get this?
I am on factory pads but have not got to the track yet. Prob better to ask this in one in the track or performance sections here or on the other forum

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread