Aug 25, 2011
Kootenays SE British Columbia
VetteCoins
Car
1984 Z51
I have looked into and you can buy a big house on the beach for under $200,000 with an armed guard. The one thing that Canada has going for it is the lack of roaches. I don't think I could handle roaches in my home. I have looked into Honduras, costa rica, panama, grand cayman islands. I am looking for an adventure. The wildest country seems to be Honduras, they party hard and has the highest murder rate.

It depends on where in the Honduras my friend. My new Z06 meant the putting off of our new condo in Roatan for a year or two. We are still very close in buying there as the crime rate is totally opposite of that oif the mainland.

By the way, we seem to be looking in the same area with great weather, Ocean view, low prices and a relaxing life style.

You hear about the crime in Mexico city. Then I read an article saying that the crime rate per capita in Mexico City is about the same as Los Angeles, one of the safer cities in the U.S. We're pretty happy right where we are. Any more, if I can't drive there, I really don't want to go. I hope this is not a sign that I am getting old. :(

It's been quite a few years, but a guy I worked with and his wife used to holiday in Costa Rica and take horse riding trips into the mountains. At that time they loved it there. It was relatively safe and had a stable government.

It depends on where in the Honduras my friend. My new Z06 meant the putting off of our new condo in Roatan for a year or two. We are still very close in buying there as the crime rate is totally opposite of that oif the mainland.

By the way, we seem to be looking in the same area with great weather, Ocean view, low prices and a relaxing life style.

Roatan is to pricey for me so I was looking around La Ceiba and Trujillo. There is Canadian developers on the mainland building developments with walls around them with armed guards. Fairly cheap to.

couldn't see it for myself. without some kind of automotive scene and drag strips, i'd be bored outta my skull in about 2 days. about 3 weeks a year in florida or south texas is my preference. health insurance is a consideration as well.

WE are looking at the Canadian developers...they were on House Hunters International. Our concern is the fact that the original plans and company fell through and now it is being taken over by Canadian, thus the plans and layout have changed from the original. This concerns us which is why we never jumped at that just yet. The price there also went down from $160K to no around $120K

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread