This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Eray sky high insurance rates?!?!

Apr 9, 2022
VetteCoins
Hi Guys

I have an Eray in production (3400 status currently) I up just got off the phone with my insurance broker. I am a 52 year old male, married, reside in Guelph, Ontario, no tickets, no accidents, multi car discount etc. and I was quoted $3400 for the year, over twice what my current C8 is.
Is anyone else seeing this as well?

Reactions: 1st Vette
Ouch

If it’s the difference in value; guys with Z06 can compare.

Can’t be theft data being so new and so few out there.

Ouch

Actually I priced out the Z06 as well because I will be getting one when my allocation is up and it’s way less than the Eray. It’s because it’s a hybrid and they don’t fully know how to rate it.

Ouch

The theft angle I believe relates to the overall number of thefts in your geographical area. The C8 in general is number 5 on the list of least stolen vehicles yet some folks with very similar circumstances are paying considerably more due to where they live for identical vehicles. Sucks.

Reactions: Vettenut
Not sure who your provider is ... but that sounds way too high and if your paying half of that for the C8 thats also too high .

Im a few years younger than that and pay 608 per year with all coverages etc etc with CAA and I live in Etobicoke

Try CAA they are very friendly to the type of driver you described ... if you want to save even more go for the insurance company plug in creeper option where they monitor your driving ... but I wouldnt recommend that

Good luck !

Reactions: 1st Vette
Hi,
I'm in the same situation as you. I called my current C8 insurer yesterday and asked for a quote for my E-Ray. They don't have the E-Ray in their system yet. The agent old me that she has to contact the actuary department to generate a quote. I hope that it won't be twice as my current C8...
Ian

Mine was $1008.00 for the year on my ERAY. Yes use a broker to get the best deal. Try Brokerlink then are super.

Wow!
You must have a lot of driving experience, no accidents & tickets to receive that quote. Do you have multi-rebate (others cars and house) too?
Two cars, boat, cottage, house, no tickets in 40 years, no accidents and no claims. Licensed since 1968

Two cars, boat, cottage, house, no tickets in 40 years, no accidents and no claims. Licensed since 1968

Wow!
You must have a lot of driving experience, no accidents & tickets to receive that quote. Do you have multi-rebate (others cars and house) too?
Old….

Many insurance company's are refusing to insure cars with over 500HP these days and others that do are charging more and asking for higher deductibles.

As far as CAA I hope you never have to make a claim. They and Intact are two of the worst insurance companies to deal with when it comes to making a claim. How do I know? I deal with them every day through work.

Reactions: Murray20c8

Users who are viewing this thread