Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
As per Roger Kiel on FB

E-ray Production Began on Wednesday

I have confirmed that the first sellable E-rays started coming off the line on Wednesday, May 24. About 50 were produced each day on Wed, Thur and Friday. I have the vin numbers a for all that were built.

Stingray production was significantly reduced as of Wednesday because of the E-ray production. ZO6 remains unaffected.

Hard time believing this, I mean who are they building the cars for? They wouldn't be sold orders and I highly doubt dealership stock. I think we would have gotten wind if dealers were getting stock cars. 🤔🤔

I spoke to a man the other day , who was admiring my car. He told me that he had gone to Chevy , to order an Eray and was told there was an 8 year wait time, in Quebec , at that dealership!!! This is completely nuts. He bought a manual , fully loaded Toyota Gr Supra instead. Supra is too ugly , for my taste but to each his own. As for the wait time, for an Eray, is this possible?

I spoke to a man the other day , who was admiring my car. He told me that he had gone to Chevy , to order an Eray and was told there was an 8 year wait time, in Quebec , at that dealership!!! This is completely nuts. He bought a manual , fully loaded Toyota Gr Supra instead. Supra is too ugly , for my taste but to each his own. As for the wait time, for an Eray, is this possible?
Yup! As you know it all depends on the dealers past Corvette sales etc. Except there won't be a C8 in 8 years. Likely a C9 and who knows if there will be an eray then.

• Wow
Reactions: wlgj
8 years , what a farce, this world is turning into.
My dealer, for example, gets 4 or 5 Corvettes per year. When I asked in 2019, their list was already at 40. Assuming they maintain that many, in 8 years that guy at number 40 will get his 2028 Corvette! LOL

My dealer, for example, gets 4 or 5 Corvettes per year. When I asked in 2019, their list was already at 40. Assuming they maintain that many, in 8 years that guy at number 40 will get his 2028 Corvette! LOL
Imagine, I was 14th for my C8 and it took 35 months and 2 weeks to get mine.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Imagine, I was 14th for my C8 and it took 35 months and 2 weeks to get mine.
Funny, I thought I was unlucky, because of the strike and Covid, that I waited only a year for mine. lol.
As it turns out I was fortunate. I was 83 on the list July 30 2019 and got my car in July of 2020

Funny, I thought I was unlucky, because of the strike and Covid, that I waited only a year for mine. lol.
As it turns out I was fortunate. I was 83 on the list July 30 2019 and got my car in July of 2020
Most dealers in Quebec, complain that they get a lot less Vettes than the rest of Canada. Quebecers are, mostly buyers of small cars and cheap, price wise, vehicles. Also lots of foreign cars/ Asian vehicles. So GM s priority is not Quebec.

Most dealers in Quebec, complain that they get a lot less Vettes than the rest of Canada. Quebecers are, mostly buyers of small cars and cheap, price wise, vehicles. Also lots of foreign cars/ Asian vehicles. So GM s priority is not Quebec.
It's not that Quebec is not a priority, it's more because the dealers there don't sell many Corvettes. I know it's a catch 22 because if they don't get many Corvettes than how can they get any Corvettes, but the simple math is they must do what Spencers and others have done. Buy Corvettes from other dealers inventory and sell them locally. Spencers have bought new unsold vettes from as far away as Nova Scotia in order to increase their Corvette sales, in order to get more Corvette allocations.
So to the outsider, or even some insiders, it looks like GM is snuffing Quebec, but in reality the Quebec dealers are doing it to themselves.

It's not that Quebec is not a priority, it's more because the dealers there don't sell many Corvettes. I know it's a catch 22 because if they don't get many Corvettes than how can they get any Corvettes, but the simple math is they must do what Spencers and others have done. Buy Corvettes from other dealers inventory and sell them locally. Spencers have bought new unsold vettes from as far away as Nova Scotia in order to increase their Corvette sales, in order to get more Corvette allocations.
So to the outsider, or even some insiders, it looks like GM is snuffing Quebec, but in reality the Quebec dealers are doing it to themselves.
Could be. The biggest Vette dealer in Quebec, sells about 25 a year. That I know of.

I guess the wait time depends on where you start the clock. Waiting from July 2019 but car production didn’t start until early 2020 - do you count the 5 months when they weren’t actually making the car? Someone else on here says they have been waiting 4 years for their Z06, or Eray, neither of which was in production when they got on the list. Someone else is already on the C9 list, so is their wait time going to be 8 or more years when they finally get their car? I think the only way to objectively compare wait times is from the date of start of production of the car and the moment you got on the list. If it was before the car was in production then your wait time starts the moment of production.
I got on the Spencer list in Dec 2019 and car was ready in September 2020. So either a 9 or 8 month wait time. (I was offered a new C8 in March by another dealer but didn’t like the colour or options)

Reactions: Murray20c8
I guess the wait time depends on where you start the clock. Waiting from July 2019 but car production didn’t start until early 2020 - do you count the 5 months when they weren’t actually making the car? Someone else on here says they have been waiting 4 years for their Z06, or Eray, neither of which was in production when they got on the list. Someone else is already on the C9 list, so is their wait time going to be 8 or more years when they finally get their car? I think the only way to objectively compare wait times is from the date of start of production of the car and the moment you got on the list. If it was before the car was in production then your wait time starts the moment of production.
I got on the Spencer list in Dec 2019 and car was ready in September 2020. So either a 9 or 8 month wait time. (I was offered a new C8 in March by another dealer but didn’t like the colour or options)
Good points. I'd also mention that the car was suppose to start production in September of 2019, but electronics issues pushed that date back. Parts issues because of Covid did and still does hinder production. I guess one can also argue the desire for the car. Some have hungered since birth for a car like this! ;)
Whatever the case, it's a pity production can't keep up with demand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.