May 8, 2018
SW Ont.
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Z51 Mag ride
Province
ON
The Eray owners manual states that you must put a charger on the 12V stater battery if the Eray sits for more than a week. The battery charger for a Lithium battery is not the same as a regular lead acid one, its a higher voltage. The option part number for the Eray charge is the same as the lead acid one. Is there a new charger for the Eray coming? Sounds critical if you have to keep the 12v starter lithium charged this often.

Is the E-Ray's EV battery lithium ion or lithium iron phosphate? I ask because these are 2 very different animals.
What is actually being used in the E-Ray to power the EV part of it, and is the starting battery a lithium option as well, or FLA?

The 12v Lithium battery is for the V8 starter and accessories which they switched from 12v lead to save weight and space. This battery requires a charger of the car sits for more than a week. I don't know what kind of Lithium it is. The EV battery is separate and only charged while driving.

Seriously? It cant sit for 10 days without a charger?

The more I read about the E-ray, the less I want it. One more allocation just opened up for you. I am out. This car is gonna be a PITA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread