Hi, anyone recommend a Canadian oil analysis service.
I see Napa offers a service which is convenient considering the number of locations.
If you are near the Caterpillar dealer Toromont in NS Cat dealers have an excellent fluid analysis service with world class ISO 9001 certification. I've used the oil analysis services of Finning the BC Cat dealer many times. The cost of the sample container the service and report was about $38 last time I purchased one. You purchase the sample container over the counter in the parts department and drop the container off there when finished. You can have your analysis reports sent to you via a mailed hard copy or by email with a provision for a telephone call in the event that something is found requiring immediate attention.

Last edited:
op here, I was wondering if the was a reason to wait for and oil change before sending oil for analysis.
I am a long way from my next change on my new to C6Z and think I would like the peace of mind of getting a good oil result.

op here, I was wondering if the was a reason to wait for and oil change before sending oil for analysis.
I am a long way from my next change on my new to C6Z and think I would like the peace of mind of getting a good oil result.

No real right or wrong here. In my business we do the hours based oil change and send in a sample. The results usually take 10 days or so to receive. This gives us a view of the engine bearings condition and warnings of any possible catastrophic failure based on the metals found. Also viscosity, dirt and acid values. It’s s good way to monitor the overall health through the lifespan of your engine. With engines that run loaded 24/7 and costing 100s of thousands to overhaul, oil sampling is a must for budgeting and reliability I’m my world.
For my Hummer and Corvette, if I was taking samples for analysis I would do it the same way. Sample at oil change, wait for the results and review for wear metals and dirt. If you see something that is alarming you may be able to prevent a big failure or challenge your dealer to address it if it’s clear your warranty engine is clearly wearing prematurely. Not sure how far you would get in this world we live in now.
So either way you’re getting piece of mind.

• Informative
Reactions: YFCvii
You don't need to wait for an oil change since most oil analysis services also sell sample kits that consist of a vacuum pump, plastic tubing and an adapter that the sample containers thread onto. You can slide their tubing down your dipstick tube and take a sample that way.

You don't need to wait for an oil change since most oil analysis services also sell sample kits that consist of a vacuum pump,
plastic tubing and an adapter that the sample containers thread onto.
You can slide their tubing down your dipstick tube and take a sample that way.
Wait ! ...... What ? ..... Where ? ...
:bwindow:
... a Corvette Catheter

:eyespop:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.