Feb 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Province
BC
I just picked up my car on Friday and made the 1200km drive from Edmonton to Vancouver. Amazing drive but now that I’m home I’m hearing a little bit of an engine rattle. its hard to describe the noise but the exhaust seems to make a GASPING sound when changing gears every once in a while. I admit I punched it a couple times but that was after the 800km engine break-in.
Is anyone else having engine noise?

I just picked up my car on Friday and made the 1200km drive from Edmonton to Vancouver. Amazing drive but now that I’m home I’m hearing a little bit of an engine rattle. its hard to describe the noise but the exhaust seems to make a GASPING sound when changing gears every once in a while. I admit I punched it a couple times but that was after the 800km engine break-in.
Is anyone else having engine noise?
I haven't experienced any unusual engine noise during the 1,500km I've driven with my car.

Tour
it rattles/ticks and like I mentioned it sounds like the exhaust lets out a gasp when it changes gears. It seems to happen more when I accelerate slow. I will make an appointment at the dealer hopefully it’s not coming out of pocket

I can almost hear the accessory belts and accessories spinning / squealing a tad when not drowned out over engine noise. I'm assuming it is normal and the nature of being right behind your ears ... I'll give it a listen with the hood? (Rear hood) open sometime.

My seat on the passenger side rattles a bit when I go over bumps so I’ve just decided to recline it enough so the touch is the rear wall and the rattle goes away

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.