Anyone see this:

To: All Chevrolet Corvette Dealers
Attn: Dealer Operator, General Manager, New Car Sales Manager, New Vehicle Inventory Manager
Subject: 2021 Model Year Corvette Ordering

Due to continued overwhelming response to the 2021 Corvette and to avoid false customer expectations, it will be necessary to suspend the ability to create a sold order (SRE) beginning March 26, 2021. This does not prevent you from processing existing sold orders (SRE) within allocation, nor creating and processing a normal stock order (TRE). Unplanned downtime has impacted the overall 2021 Model Year Corvette production schedule. We are suspending SRE’s now in an effort to avoid cancelling orders that will not be built within the current schedule and disappointing customers in the process. We anticipate you will be able to submit orders for 2022MY Corvettes in early July.

Do I understand this correctly that this means March 11 allocation was the last one for 2021 production year and that there will be no allocation on April 08, or June 10, and that 2022 allocations should start july 08...

That's what the "memo" above sounds like. But we need to verify its source/accuracy, hence my question to "CamsC8". I just checked "gmauthority.com" and found nothing. A Google search came back negative as well. But that doesn't mean it's not true...

BUT I found the likely source here, just posted today:

It would still be nice to get a different reliable source to confirm and that should happen soon...

FYI, this doesn't mean there won't be more allocations, it means GM doesn't want dealers to enter in people who come in today with a deposit for a waitlist to enter their order into the system and further inflate the numbers and give customers false hope they may get a 2021.

There are enough orders in the system to finish out 2021 production if GM continues as is, GM doesn't want more orders added that will sit at 1100 and have to be re-entered as 2022. Thats it, it doesn't mean more allocations aren't coming, it just means if your getting on a waitlist now your pretty much not getting a 2021.

If you currently are in the system and are still waiting, your turn for a 2021 may still be possible.

Reactions: Maximus74
Saw it on this site as well.

Here is the exact memo we received from a Chevrolet dealer:

Due to continued overwhelming response to the 2021 Corvette and to avoid false customer expectations, it will be necessary to suspend the ability to create a sold order (SRE) beginning March 26, 2021. This does not prevent you from processing existing sold orders (SRE) within allocation, nor creating and processing a normal stock order (TRE). Unplanned downtime has impacted the overall 2021 Model Year Corvette production schedule. We are suspending SRE’s now in an effort to avoid cancelling orders that will not be built within the current schedule and disappointing customers in the process. We anticipate you will be able to submit orders for 2022MY Corvettes in early July.

Had my SRE in place since Nov. 2020. Double checked with the dealer that it was an SRE order and not a TRE over a month ago and it was good to go (an SRE) and am at #1 at my dealer.
I was also told than if it passed that the 2022 Z06 was ready to be ordered, I could switch to a Z06 and maintain my place at the head of the line.

Had my SRE in place since Nov. 2020. Double checked with the dealer that it was an SRE order and not a TRE over a month ago and it was good to go (an SRE) and am at #1 at my dealer.
I was also told than if it passed that the 2022 Z06 was ready to be ordered, I could switch to a Z06 and maintain my place at the head of the line.
So your dealer is ready to order you a 2022 Z06 ( a car that doesn't even exist ) when Kerbeck the largest Corvette dealer in the world ( 1000 + C8's sold a year ) isn't even taking deposits on it because it's just rumor for now. Bet your dealer is small and might not even get a Z06.

Should that then not be GMRumor 😉
I'm Canadian

1616865103460.png

Reactions: canadiansteelman
When I was running a car forum I had a replacement filter that replaced swear words with a less intense version. A friend spelled "tires" "tyres" so I replaced "tyres" with "Round rubber things". Drove him crazy. lol
I guess we shouldn't be so critical of Amuricans changing the spelling of English words.

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.