Dec 28, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
I have to pull up my emergency brake handle at least twice until it gives resistance. The first time it always goes to the end of its travel with no resistance at all, leading me to believe that it hasn’t applied the parking brake.

I’m assuming that this is just an adjustment problem. Where is the adjustment made? Is it in the brake assemblies in the back or is it inside the console where the lever is?

Any advice on how the adjustment is to be done would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

I heard or read on the forum somewhere to place the car on an incline allowing you to roll back slowly. Then apply the Park Brake several times repeatedly. I adjusted my Park Brake the same way and it definitely improved it.

• Informative
Reactions: Hotrodron
I have to pull up my emergency brake handle at least twice until it gives resistance. The first time it always goes to the end of its travel with no resistance at all, leading me to believe that it hasn’t applied the parking brake.

I’m assuming that this is just an adjustment problem. Where is the adjustment made? Is it in the brake assemblies in the back or is it inside the console where the lever is?

Any advice on how the adjustment is to be done would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
Did you have brakes done. Usually they adjust emerg brake ar same time..

Like I said. Pull up on the brake handle several times while rolling back slowly. The brake has a small geared wheel that will turn each time you do that. Of course if the adjuster wheel is gummed up or the brake is too worn then it won’t work.

Like I said. Pull up on the brake handle several times while rolling back slowly. The brake has a small geared wheel that will turn each time you do that. Of course if the adjuster wheel is gummed up or the brake is too worn then it won’t work.
I would have it looked at...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.