Regular
Dec 26, 2012
St. Albert, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2023 HTC
Province
AB
My wife has this passion for the Black Rose Grand Sport. I am surprised that this is the color she wants, so I'm going to go with it.
Now I have to find a 2017/2018 Black Rose G/S. With total numbers of 1554 for 2 years and maybe only 12% in Canada, this should be a challenge.
The hunt begins.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
My wife has this passion for the Black Rose Grand Sport. I am surprised that this is the color she wants, so I'm going to go with it.
Now I have to find a 2017/2018 Black Rose G/S. With total numbers of 1554 for 2 years and maybe only 12% in Canada, this should be a challenge.
The hunt begins.

Best of luck!!!

Reactions: rockitman
Good Luck with your search.. When you find one you know we want pictures. Love the colour, but I am a tad bias.
Looks like I found one, in Saskatchewan
Good Luck with your search.. When you find one you know we want pictures. Love the colour, but I am a tad bias.
I would like to see some pictures of yours. And drool.

Here's one to study until you find yours.
13FC14E2-3EFA-45B8-9FA0-C940F29E0D41_1_105_c.jpeg
4B877AFE-58C5-4BD4-BFBE-BBFEC4DDBC74.jpeg

There was only: 120- 2017 and 25- 2018 GS converts.
345- 2017 and 53- 2018 GS coupes...... total 543 Grand Sport Black Rose....Your search is going to be hard.
In 2017 -1333 and 2018 - 219 for total of 1552 of base, GS and Z06.
Thanks for getting these numbers as I didn't have the numbers on the GS.
Now that I have my wife's approval for the color, I want the Kalahari interior. If you dare to dream, "Dream Big"

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozig and YFCvii
In 2017 -1333 and 2018 - 219 for total of 1552 of base, GS and Z06.
Thanks for getting these numbers as I didn't have the numbers on the GS.
Now that I have my wife's approval for the color, I want the Kalahari interior. I you dare to dream, "Dream Big"
emailed 2017 & 2018 Canadian pdf brochures to you @rockitman ... best of fortune on your hunt

There is one in White Rock ( near Vancouver ) at a dealer on the auto trader . Not exactly what you are looking for, not a GS.

I looked at this car when it was new at Dueck while waiting for mine to arrive..

New list was in the 96 thousands.

2017,, 3LT,, Z51,, chrome wheels,, competition seats in black,, 7 speed manual,, 16,500 kms.,, $68,888.

Looks like BDK's car but with red calipers.

Dealers # is 888 927 2059.

Link to that stingray..
I have grown since it's release, to see the appeal of Black Rose ... especially as I do not see many of them
as frequently as I did when Brand New in the Dealership Showrooms.
Thanks for posting the ad as I gave up trying to find it after a failed key-word google attempt ... (not my forte)

I have to laugh at how some advertise something with the idea/sense of it being
special and "very rare" and hard to turn away from ... (vacuum sales).
With a potentially stink-eye high-asking price on this previously-enjoyed Corvette
and a limited listing of specs ( as if that really doesn't matter - leaving so many questions) ...
complimenting that "Purple" is Very Rare. Not even researching that it being specified as "BLACK ROSE" just might be
the BEST way to advertise it ... as "purple" can play into the hands of those few who may loathe the color of this Corvette.
It honestly just makes me roll on the floor with laughter how bad marketing can sometimes be at times... rolling my eyes.
Even once chalking it up with my YYSSW with the use of the color being "purple", my first question may now be ...
with it being mentioned that there is no major (frame compromising) accidents .... hmmm ....
"Has there been any accidents at all, like one needing it to be touched up with Very Rare Purple instead of Black Rose?"
... even though it's really no big deal it just brings humor to a so-so day ...

edit in photo clip of ad with dealer info removed ... to save time ...
wow.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rockitman and BDK
Well,,I did say in my 1st sentence that it wasn't exactly what they are looking for.

They may have to compromise if they want Black Rose..

rockitman. Are you looking for a coupe or a convertible?

As I said I looked at this car in Jan. of 17. It had been in stock for about 3 months at that time.

It finally sold around Nov.of 18..In stock new for over 2 years. Oct 16 to Nov 18.

Why? Too much money for a Z51 and manual tx. A 2LT GS auto with nav and standard seats was only about $2000. more.

Looks like the original owner only had it less than a year.

This is the 2nd used car dealer that it has been at in the last 3 months.

Well,,I did say in my 1st sentence that it wasn't exactly what they are looking for.

They may have to compromise if they want Black Rose..

rockitman. Are you looking for a coupe or a convertible?

As I said I looked at this car in Jan. of 17. It had been in stock for about 3 months at that time.

It finally sold around Nov.of 18..In stock new for over 2 years. Oct 16 to Nov 18.

Why? Too much money for a Z51 and manual tx. A 2LT GS auto with nav and standard seats was only about $2000. more.

Looks like the original owner only had it less than a year.

This is the 2nd used car dealer that it has been at in the last 3 months.
If the in service date is November 2018, It was put in service after my 2018. My 2018 was put in service 30 May 2018. When I bought my 2018 in May of 2019 it only had 4450 kms. Their ad would make me want to see a carfax report. The msrp on this one is the same as mine 95950. But mine has an auto. I wonder what option this one has to make up for the $1990 auto option? I am guessing they called it purple because auto trader doesn't allow for the colour Black rose, But then they should put the proper name for the colour in their description.

I am guessing they called it purple because auto trader doesn't allow for the colour Black rose, But then they should put the proper name for the colour in their description.

I completely agree .... as license registration choices are just as limited to chose from ...
and if it were my ad, it would be correct color name in the write-up ...
... well we might consider it as just "black" at night :angelic:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.