Aug 18, 2017
Saskatoon sk
VetteCoins
Car
Hi folks. My C6 is new to me and I noticed that I have this electronic switch clicking sound rapidly in the centre of the dash quite often, whether the car is running or not. Also my hatch pops open on its own sometimes. Any ideas?

Sounds like a possible ground issue. Many times when a circuit has a poor ground, it will attempt to source one out through the shortest path it can find. Often that is a relay, and based on your sounds and the fact that your hatch is intermittently opening by itself I would say this is probably exactly what is happening. I'm not very familiar with the grounding points on the C6, but I assume they are similar to my C5. I would start by obtaining the locations and cleaning all the ground points. These cars do some weird things when the grounds get a little corroded. :eek:

Im sure somebody with a C6 will chime with a list of the ground locations. Best of luck............... :thumbs:

I’ve had that noise a couple of times as well the year I bought the car (Mar 2014). Sounds like it’s coming from behind the stereo area. I’ve had a couple of different patterns of “clicking” both times. After awhile it just went away. Hasn’t done it since.

I’ve had that noise a couple of times as well the year I bought the car (Mar 2014). Sounds like it’s coming from behind the stereo area. I’ve had a couple of different patterns of “clicking” both times. After awhile it just went away. Hasn’t done it since.

I used to get this with my 08 Avalance and 09 H2. Turned out it was the Nav disc that was in a hidden CD slot behind the screen.
Not sure if you guys have this type of GM system in your cars.
So it was normal..but annoying.

I used to get this with my 08 Avalance and 09 H2. Turned out it was the Nav disc that was in a hidden CD slot behind the screen.
Not sure if you guys have this type of GM system in your cars.
So it was normal..but annoying.
I’ve got a Sony dvd/CD deck in my car Derek. The factory deck didn’t have the nav so it wasn’t that. I sat in the car the first time it did it and thought it might be electrical issues beginning to appear but,it’s never done it since. I stopped worrying about if it would happen again a couple of years ago.

Reactions: ddgermann
That truck switch was my issue when I first bought my 2005. Cleaned the switch but as you said there's only so much you can do. the road grime gets into the switch so easily. Replaced mine also. Good luck and hope it clears the problem.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.