mck683

Casual User
You're 5
Sep 14, 2017
Vancouver Washington
VetteCoins
I changed passenger side fog light. worked fine. accidently pulled driver side turn light (spaced out). put back in. reinstalled. quit working. I dinked around with it and now I have no brake lights,parking lights or fog lights. headlights work,turn signals work,brake lights work but that's it. I checked all the fuses all ok...

Hi mck. I am not 100% if I have checked in the wright wirring diagram, I checked for a automatic coupe but I dont think there is much difference in the lightning system with a manual car or convertible. In the left corner of the engine compartment, at the jumpstart connection, you will find a bunch of fuse link, if you are not familiar, it's a wire that act as a slow burn fuse. There is a few connected together. they do look like a wire but the exterior texture is more like rubber. Pull them one by one and if one is blew it will be ether burn or it will strech like a rubber band. The inside of these look like a regular wire but made of a material that look like lead. It melt easily but will accept peak of voltage without blowing as fast as a fuse. In you manipulation, you may have grounded a 12volts and blow it
BTW the fuse link that I think might be burn is probably a medium brown color, they call it ''rust''. If this is not the problem, I will try to help you again but I am leaving for the weekend so I will be back only Sunday or monday night.

Good luck

Stephane

Hi mck. I am not 100% if I have checked in the wright wirring diagram, I checked for a automatic coupe but I dont think there is much difference in the lightning system with a manual car or convertible. In the left corner of the engine compartment, at the jumpstart connection, you will find a bunch of fuse link, if you are not familiar, it's a wire that act as a slow burn fuse. There is a few connected together. they do look like a wire but the exterior texture is more like rubber. Pull them one by one and if one is blew it will be ether burn or it will strech like a rubber band. The inside of these look like a regular wire but made of a material that look like lead. It melt easily but will accept peak of voltage without blowing as fast as a fuse. In you manipulation, you may have grounded a 12volts and blow it
BTW the fuse link that I think might be burn is probably a medium brown color, they call it ''rust''. If this is not the problem, I will try to help you again but I am leaving for the weekend so I will be back only Sunday or monday night.

Good luck

Stephane
thx. I see the links...hard to get to.it looks like I need to pull the battery to get to most of them. I hopefully can work on it saturdsy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.