Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Anybody use one? We get a lot of snow here, shovelling snow over the railing is a bit of a chore. Thought about the small Honda gas blower to clean the decks but wonder if some of you might have suggestions thoughts on the electrics, brands, power etc. The decks are all it would be used for, last time I tried to get the ATV/plough up on the deck the police somehow got involved. :Biggrin:

I'm still using (when necessary) my 25yr old blower, but......buddy bought a cordless before last winter. He wishes he'd bought it yrs ago. No gas...no cords, and he's very pleased with how long the charge goes.....he's on a corner lot.
Brand is e-go, or something similar.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I have never had much luck with small engines. Have had trouble with 2 different gas snow blowers in the past. The last one seemed to just have problems when you need it most, so I gave up on it and about 3 weeks ago, I bought an Ego brand battery powered one. They get awesome reviews online and some great YouTube videos of them in action. I saw the same one I bought recently for about $300 less than I paid, and it came with a free leaf blower, which kind of pissed me off, but what can you do. It did have the less powered batteries than the one I got, but I would have jumped on it had I not already bought one. That was at Rona…perhaps that deal is still on, if you are interested.

I have never had much luck with small engines. Have had trouble with 2 different gas snow blowers in the past. The last one seemed to just have problems when you need it most, so I gave up on it and about 3 weeks ago, I bought an Ego brand battery powered one. They get awesome reviews online and some great YouTube videos of them in action. I saw the same one I bought recently for about $300 less than I paid, and it came with a free leaf blower, which kind of pissed me off, but what can you do. It did have the less powered batteries than the one I got, but I would have jumped on it had I not already bought one. That was at Rona…perhaps that deal is still on, if you are interested.
I've had similar issues with my old chainsaw. I use it rarely and every time its a PIA to get started and keep running, so a 15 minute bit of cutting takes about 2 hours. This year I spent $140 and got an electric chainsaw. Its too simple. Plug it in, pull the lever and it works, let go and it stops. You can only take it as far as your extension cord, but I'm not a lumberjack. Apparently the battery powered ones are very good as well.

I've had similar issues with my old chainsaw. I use it rarely and every time its a PIA to get started and keep running, so a 15 minute bit of cutting takes about 2 hours. This year I spent $140 and got an electric chainsaw. Its too simple. Plug it in, pull the lever and it works, let go and it stops. You can only take it as far as your extension cord, but I'm not a lumberjack. Apparently the battery powered ones are very good as well.

Larger batteries are stupid expensive.
I have a few Milwaukee tools which are great for around the house odd jobs. I checked out buying a larger battery but the big ones are over $300. More than the tool itself.
Son has an EGO 10" chain saw which I borrow in the spring for pruning the trees. Works OK for that but too small for larger stuff. Maybe the 16" version would be better but then I would go for a big battery as you are getting in to serious cutting there

I am still using my snow blower I bought in 1976, but at the end of last winter I bought a small electric battery powered snow blower for when the snowfall is to little to bring out my big blower. Got a good deal as I got to store it over the summer and they didn't have to keep it in inventory for the summer..

Ok, so I weighed all the input and bought a small Toro High Bird (damn things into the fall berries again) :Biggrin: . It is gas powered with electric start thus the Hybrid designation, at least that is what I am sticking to, possible Government rebate involved. The Honda was $450.00 more and any repairs required at hour and a half drive. The Toro is covered by a three year warranty and the "guy" is 15 minutes away. So I am looking for some MRR wheels and some body panels from one of our fine suppliers. Think I will go with the Corsa Exhaust for less drone.

Anybody want to drop by this winter and have a test drive just give me a call. :thumbs:

20211027_130452.jpg

Ok, so I weighed all the input and bought a small Toro High Bird (damn things into the fall berries again) :Biggrin: . It is gas powered with electric start thus the Hybrid designation, at least that is what I am sticking to, possible Government rebate involved. The Honda was $450.00 more and any repairs required at hour and a half drive. The Toro is covered by a three year warranty and the "guy" is 15 minutes away. So I am looking for some MRR wheels and some body panels from one of our fine suppliers. Think I will go with the Corsa Exhaust for less drone.

Anybody want to drop by this winter and have a test drive just give me a call. :thumbs:

View attachment 88759
I think the hybrid part is that you get to power the wheels. LOL
Hope you don't get any heavy snow falls

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread