Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
Sep 20, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
1998 C5 Corvette
Province
ON
September 2020, my son and I wandered into Wilson-Niblett and met Jeff Moore to look at the C8 as I had heard they had one in the showroom. 30 minutes later, we walked out with a deposit on a 2021. Months later, we'd learn that it had to be pushed to 2022. Having been told that it would be 16-18 months, 14 months later, it's at the dealership. Jeff was transparent every step of the way from July 2021, when the build was signed to transport to the dealership.
What topped it off for me wasn't seeing the car in person, but was unlocking the car and having my mom get it and fire it up. Funny how life comes full circle. Too bad my dad isn't with us anymore as he loved all of my cars and know he would have loved this one. The plaque in between the seats has my last name and VIN, which in hind sight, should have had his name, in memory of, because he's the one who got me into cars.... He was the reason I restored the 57 Bel Air 16 years ago (that I still have).... There's a story behind all of my cars.... this one will be no different.
It will be a long winter after it's trailed to the house, but will all be worth it. This is a long winded post, but I too have read some long ones.....the car is well worth the wait for anyone who is waiting for one.

So, for this long winded post, anyone wanting to order a C8 in whatever trim level, I would highly recommend Jeff Moore at Wilson-Niblett in Richmond Hill, Ontario. He's a stand up guy, 100%.

Lots of modifications on the horizon....

Can’t explain how good my dealings with Jeff and the team at Wilson are with me . Built for my mommy . She loved my choices in cars . Ya there’s no blind siding there . That’s why they get my support.

Attachments

• 263C7D90-E603-4C9F-86F9-12ADC280661B.jpeg
    263C7D90-E603-4C9F-86F9-12ADC280661B.jpeg
    870.3 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: MY21C8
Can’t explain how good my dealings with Jeff and the team at Wilson are with me . Built for my mommy . She loved my choices in cars . Ya there’s no blind siding there . That’s why they get my support.
Have to say, I didn’t deal with Jeff on my order, however W/N was great to work with. Chris Walters and Rui DeRamos we’re excellent and straight forward. If you’re in the GTA and want to be treated fairly, W/N is where you want to be going.

Hopefully we will be working together on a Z06 in the near future.

Reactions: Vettman
Congratulations. ELB was on my list of potential colors.

Interesting range of times from deposit to delivery based on which dealer the order is placed with. I placed my deposit with Andrew Spencer on Sept. 20, 2020 and was driving my new C8 before the end of May 2021 (and there was an extra shipping to get the car from Ont to NS).

September 2020, my son and I wandered into Wilson-Niblett and met Jeff Moore to look at the C8 as I had heard they had one in the showroom. 30 minutes later, we walked out with a deposit on a 2021. Months later, we'd learn that it had to be pushed to 2022. Having been told that it would be 16-18 months, 14 months later, it's at the dealership. Jeff was transparent every step of the way from July 2021, when the build was signed to transport to the dealership.
What topped it off for me wasn't seeing the car in person, but was unlocking the car and having my mom get it and fire it up. Funny how life comes full circle. Too bad my dad isn't with us anymore as he loved all of my cars and know he would have loved this one. The plaque in between the seats has my last name and VIN, which in hind sight, should have had his name, in memory of, because he's the one who got me into cars.... He was the reason I restored the 57 Bel Air 16 years ago (that I still have).... There's a story behind all of my cars.... this one will be no different.
It will be a long winter after it's trailed to the house, but will all be worth it. This is a long winded post, but I too have read some long ones.....the car is well worth the wait for anyone who is waiting for one.

So, for this long winded post, anyone wanting to order a C8 in whatever trim level, I would highly recommend Jeff Moore at Wilson-Niblett in Richmond Hill, Ontario. He's a stand up guy, 100%.

Lots of modifications on the horizon....
Congrats. Great story

Sorry guys, been busy...trucking never sleeps. I'll post pics shortly. On another note, is there a way to order another plate to replace the one I currently have in the car with the VIN (between the 2 seats) ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.