Jul 17, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2021 stingray
Province
SK
My C8 was built June 28 and shipped to Edmonton via train arrived july 12.
as of today (aug 12)it still is sitting in the train yard in Edmonton with a expected delivery date to Regina on august 24th accordingly to my dealer. The sales agent I have has been extremely helpful I just wanted to ask if that is normal or to be expected to have sit for 6 in one spot. So close yet so far away. Any input would be appreciated.

That seems a long time to me, however I'lll ask others chime in with more first hand experience, especially anyone from Saskatchewan who received their C8 by rail going through the Edmonton terminal.

It took me a month to get my C8 after its manufacture date and that was by train to Calgary, unloaded onto a truck and delivered to my Calgary dealership.

Many years ago I purchased a used very low-mileage BMW from a Toronto BMW dealership and had it shipped by train to Edmonton. Like your C8 it sat at the train yard in Edmonton (on a train car) for a month...before finally being unloaded and delivered to an Edmonton BMW dealer to perform the "out-of-province used-vehicle inspection". So perhaps (???) there's a time lag with the Edmonton train yard moving things, as opposed to the Calgary terminal?

Your salesman should be able to tell you if this is normal, assuming they often obtain new cars that are shipped by train through the Edmonton terminal.

Regardless, you'll likely soon be driving your C8. Congrats!

Thanks for the reply’s so far guys. Having it travel its final leg next to a Ford just wouldn’t sit right with me I would almost rather it sit there longer .😊

Well I wish my update was a better one. I talked to my dealer today and my c8 went ti Vancouver via train this weekend and as of today is in ruby creek B.C heading east . Truly hoping it comes straight through to Regina and does not get hung up again in Edmonton or Calgary.

I have a 2022 C8 that was built in late October, shipped in early November and supposed to be delivered to Parksville on November 19, 2021. I watched the build timing and the delivery progress on my dealers computer screen from Bowling Green to Toronto. Then on to Winnipeg where it sat for a week. Then on to Calgary and finally to Edmonton. And here it still sits to today. It’s been there for about a month now!
I understand BC’s weather issues caused some serious issues. But that was a month ago and rail and truck traffic have been partially restored.
My dealer can show me where it is but has no idea of the timing of the delayed delivery. So I phoned the GM concierge….useless! “Congratulations your new corvette is on its way”. But can tell me nothing further!
Now don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t drive it at this time of year anyway but it would just be nice to get some kind of communication, from anybody! It’s like nobody cares.

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread