Has anyone had any experience with the Edelbrock E-force supercharger setup. The fact that it all fits under a stock hood for the sleeper look is appealing.

Nice system , kind of based on the ZR1 style S C .

Good gains , easy maintenance , and your stock hood

Its a great system. Reliable, great torque, and stock drivability if you go easy on the pedal. They just released a Maggie that fits under the hood also. I saw it at sema. Nice looking unit but its too new to know how well its going to work.

Heavy Duty Driveline Parts

Our car is the standard 2005 LS2 with the six speed. When supercharged, how well does the standard drivetrain stand up? I understand that the 427 cars have quite a few beefed up parts. I'm just wondering how much other stuff should be beefed up at the same time. I learned, from my musclecar days, that when you add power, you soon find the weak parts of the drivetrain.

Last edited:
Our car is the standard 2005 LS2 with the six speed. When supercharged, how well does the standard drivetrain stand up? I understand that the 427 cars have quite a few beefed up parts. I'm just wondering how much other stuff should be beefed up at the same time. I learned, from my musclecar days, that when you add power, you soon find the week parts of the drivetrain.

It really depends what you are planning to do with the car. In an 05 the diff is the weak link. If your going to put drag radials on and launch the car hard, I would consider upgrading it. If on the other hand, you are leaving the stock tires and not racing at all, it will probably be fine.
Like you said, the weak parts will snow themselves eventually if you drive it hard.

You don't need to do anything . Just install , safe tune and many kms of driving glory. We have cars with superchagers making over 550 at the wheels on stock internals . The key is always the shop and tuner.

THE Shop

If I were to go the supercharger route, I think there is only one shop that I would even consider. Guess who. ;) I guess what you are saying is that the C6 drivetrain is pretty robust to begin with. This is good. Here's a twin turbo Chevelle. Idles like a stocker and 1400 hp. Not that he is remotely putting the power to the ground. http://www.youtube.com/embed/wwXm7VAWyHg

Last edited:
Good ol NRE! I've been following these guys for a while now. They do make serious power. I would like to see one of their cars on a track where it has traction. I have yet to see a video of their where the car doesn't just blow the tires off when putting the pedal down. As much as I do love that, it is difficult to see just how fast these cars really are.

Without slicks, they certainly won't be quick in the quarter mile. It kind of defeats the purpose of building a 1400 hp engine in a car that won't hook. I suppose it impresses some people with all that smoke. I dare say that I can raise a fair bit of smoke with our old car but why. With the LS7 and LS9, they have come to the point that they need all wheel drive to hook.....or slicks which are not all that practical for any kind of long term high mile street use. A neighbour has a Nissan GTR. That think will launch with its AWD on street tires.

That raises a good question. For purely street applications, with street tires (but not a drag radial) at what point does adding more horsepower not make your car any faster in the quarter mile given you drive it the best it could possibly be driven. I mean, in VERY basic terms, for a car of a certain weight, tires can only handle so power at a given speed/gear ratio. It would be col to find at a dead stop these tires can handle a 300 hp launch but that steadily rises to 400 hp as you shift into second, which rises to 475 hitting third, to 600 into fourth...ect.

What a kick-ass car!

Didn't like the rims so much on it--dog-dish would go nicely with the bench seat!

Regardless, it is a monster--wonder how fickle those turbos would be for maintaining the car.

Damn thing has TOO much horsepower.....

Just a little ten inch slick properly heated up and that Chevelle would be good to go, the fastest cars in the world ie dragsters and F1 cars are all rear wheel drive no need for AWD.
[mob][/mob]

Yes and they all run gummy slicks that would wear out so fast that you would wear out your jack changing tires. For practical street use, AWD is the only answer for big hp. Your new 427 Corvette had better be wearing slicks if it wants to beat a Nissan GTR in the quarter mile. If you want to run non DOT approved slicks on the street and risk getting caught and fined then go ahead, or worse, get caught in the rain. I'm just talking about something with big hp AND some semblance of being practical for the street. The old saying used to be, He who spins, loses.

A ZR1 does not need slicks to beat a GTR in the quarter mile stock for stock dont forget the ZR1 has launch control too. Although the GTR is far more superior the first 60ft after that the ZR1 will be catching extend the race to a mile or on a roll and the GTR doesnt stand a chance. The ZR1 does not need a slick guys are easily running high tens on a drag radial with a ZR1.

I was thinking Z06 when posting. Still, a ZR1, with slicks, would be a mile ahead in the quarter......if that makes any sense. :driving: Traction control basically just backs off the throttle so that the tires don't go up in smoke. There's lots of Youtube stuff showing comparison runs. There is one where a GTR barely won a quarter mile run with a Z06 after a considerable hole shot. From a rolling go, the GTR was toast. The ZR1 just plain outruns the rest with brute power and can more than make up any hole shot. Personally, I wouldn't want to be playing catch up.

Even the New COPO Camaros went with a solid axle for drag racing. For this type of racing, it is simple and works. There are some big dollar Corvettes turning some wicked ets on IRS but again they are big dollar and apparently do get the job done. I've never really beat on our car so I don't know how the IRS reacts. Our car has tires that are a few years old and no doubt a little harder than when new and unless, the pavement is good and gritty, the tires, as often as not go up in smoke just rolling into it in low gear. Coming off the line a little hard would be a waste of time. As far as traction control and such, if I wanted someone else to do all the driving, I'd go ride a bus.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.