J60FI

I'm New Here
2 You're 10
Apr 19, 2009
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1960 xFI
There was a lot of hype about the E-Ray up to the end of August, then crickets... as the Hype moved to the Z06 start of production.

Curious if there have been any developments?

Any one have any news on the E-Ray SOP dates?

Is the GS officially replaced by the E-Ray?

Thanks.

GM still looks to be basking in the "Z06 spotlight" right now. Once that dies down (it may be a while) perhaps they'll take the next C8 PR step and roll out details about the E-Ray. I expect another slow start for that model: better info released at first, some GM videos, selected media/web-types taken on test drives so they can "wow" its rapid acceleration with the added front-end electric motors, some preliminary performance numbers, then some info about production start, followed by "confirmed likely" production start, some prototypes provided to their media/web-types so they can create their own positive videos, and then eventual orders. A tried and true PR formula.

Since we're not being given info about the E-Ray yet, we're likely a long way off actually being able to order one. So I think we'll all just have to be patient.

OR NOT? Maybe GM has +++ focused on its "flagship C8" (the Z06) and after doting on it for quite some time, the other variants will see a speedier release? I doubt it. GM now has to focus on Z06 production and has its hands full with that. Getting the E-Ray on the same production line, won't make a lot of wanna-be Z06 owners happy...

Reactions: J60FI
Maybe GM has +++ focused on its "flagship C8" (the Z06) and after doting on it for quite some time, the other variants will see a speedier release? I doubt it. GM now has to focus on Z06 production and has its hands full with that. Getting the E-Ray on the same production line, won't make a lot of wanna-be Z06 owners happy...
Not just the Z06. They can't provide enough Stingrays for the market! I could be wrong, but I think the push for the Z06 is tied to the GT3 IMSA / WEC racing series'.

• Agree
Reactions: J60FI and 12cents
Reactions: GM MUSL and DenisC8
Corvette Blogger just posted an article on more E-Ray camo cars being tested near the Milford proving grounds. From what has been said by GM, the E-Ray will be available to order Q2 2023 as a 2024 model.

Exciting!
So what’s the pricing speculation? More or less than Z06 or the same?

So what’s the pricing speculation? More or less than Z06 or the same?
I think it will be cheaper...body of the Z06 and LT2 engine already in the parts bin...the electric motors and suspension won't be near as expensive as the flat plane crank V8 and it's upgraded gearbox (although I could be wrong about that part).

Reactions: J60FI
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.