Jul 31, 2021
Manitoba
VetteCoins
Car
Red Mist 2023 Coupe
Province
MB
For those who don't drive in the rain much, and go a while before having to wash their C8s, how do you deal with dust? My garage is fairly dusty, if I let a car sit a few days it will be covered in a thin layer. So what do you guys use? Compressed air? California duster? Any advice is appreciated.

There are a million threads on this on the detailing forums but the Cali duster is frowned upon. You're dragging the dirt across the surface of the car

If you're so concerned about the appearance of your car that you won't risk driving it in the rain, the recommended course of action is to blow it off or just leave it till its dirty enough to warrant a correct wash

Reactions: carbuff
Thanks for the replies. I will look into epoxy for the floor. The leaf blower idea is worth a try, I have an extra one in the garage anyway. I have a cali duster but I would be too nervous to use it on the c8 I think.
I try to avoid driving a sports car in the rain because I don't enjoy it, and having to hand wash it afterwards doesn't help. Not a lot of time available for that. This leads to the dust problem.
Thanks again to all who responded.

Careful if you use a leaf blower that it's perfectly clean. I have one dedicated to only the car. Also be careful using an air compressor as bits of jetsam and flotsam from the inside of the tank can end up coming out the nozzle. I prefer spraying the dust off with water.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.