Featured Thread

XFIRE82

Power User
Oct 24, 2014
VetteCoins
Province
SK
I'm sure just about everyone remembers the Duke Boys and their car the General Lee. I come across a few pics the other day of the cars they used for the show. I don't know how many Chargers they built and smashed, but it had to be alot cause they smashed many in all the stunts they pulled in that show. Here's just a sample of what the sheriff was chasing .

Dukes Of Hazzard Cars.jpg

Dukes Of Hazzard Car4s.jpg

Dukes Of Hazzard Cars 2.jpg

Dukes Of Hazzard Cars3.jpg

Dukes Of Hazzard Cars5.jpg

Dukes Of Hazzard Cars6.jpg

Dukes Of Hazzard Cars7.jpg

Dukes Of Hazzard Cars8.jpg

the-general-lee-crashes-through-barn-the-dukes-of-hazzard-2005-BPNMYY.jpg

Dukes of Hazzard10.jpg

dodge-charger-dukes-of-hazzard-general-lee--1969-530291.jpg

dukes-of-hazzard-confederate-flag.jpg

Last edited:
just alittle more info I dug up, man I didn't know they destroyed that many Chargers !

The Dukes of Hazzard ran from 1979 to 1985. During that time, the production used somewhere between 250 and 355 1968 and 1969 Dodge Chargers. Of those, only 17 are accounted for. The production used up about a car an episode during the jumps and stunts.
While Daisey was starring on The Dukes of Hazzard, her legs were insured for $1,000,000

Last edited:
Yes, they wrecked a lot of Chargers. That is what helps to make them more rare and valuable.

I have a friend who bought one several years ago and spent a metric s**t ton of money having it restored, and I seriously threatened his well-being if he painted it orange. He finally settled on a pearl white, and it is quite possibly the most beautiful Charger I have ever seen.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
just alittle more info I dug up, man I didn't know they destroyed that many Chargers !

The Dukes of Hazzard ran from 1979 to 1985. During that time, the production used somewhere between 250 and 355 1968 and 1969 Dodge Chargers. Of those, only 17 are accounted for. The production used up about a car an episode during the jumps and stunts.
While Daisey was starring on The Dukes of Hazzard, her legs were insured for $1,000,000

Yes the factory had special production for supplying these chargers for the show if I remember right. It’s a great story and ya phenomenal how many they wrecked. We all remember the landings and seeing the car buckle. Next shot... perfect straight car hauling azz.
This was the coolest show ever for a country boy growing up. Spinning the tires on the dirt roads.
Can’t believe my father didn’t murder me...cause wow did I piss him off doing that. Although thankfully I drew the line there and never tried jumping his international pick ups 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.