emc7

I'm New Here
Mar 11, 2014
vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
No wonder I don't see many corvettes around here. How can anyone take these stealerships seriously?

I sincerely wanted to put a deposite down on a c7 z06 and asked about how much the dealer charged for previous z06 and was told with a straight face the base starts at "120k" and insisted thats how much they were going for here. Even the zr1s dont go for that much, so I thought it was just the ignorance of the salesman who have the two models mixed up? Nope, the dealer still insists after I show them the MSRP in Canada which is around mid 80k before discounts. in the US z06 starts at 76k, zr1 110k even factoring echange rate base z06 should be no where near 100k let alone the 120k they insisted they charged and sold. So How much did we Canadians paid for our c6 Z06?

Sounds a little high to me but I wouldn't be surprised to see the C7Z go over the 100K mark. They may have been quoting the C6Z with the Z07 package as that could get to the 120K mark pretty easily. My absolute best guess is that a base C7Z should be high 80's? Maybe? Low 90's?

Either way, at least you know which dealer to avoid for your future purchase if they are trying to "market adjust" the cars that much.

Emc7.
Welcome to the site!! Good luck with your Corvette purchase.
I don't believe anybody has pricing info for 2015s yet.....
Lots of guesses but nothing official seems to be available to us as buyers or the dealerships.
I don't think we know what options to expect beyond the Z06...
ZR1. Z07. Callaway...???
Fast times ahead!
Graham

Sounds a little high to me but I wouldn't be surprised to see the C7Z go over the 100K mark. They may have been quoting the C6Z with the Z07 package as that couple get to the 120K mark pretty easily. My absolute best guess is that a base C7Z should be high 80's? Maybe? Low 90's?

Either way, at least you know which dealer to avoid for your future purchase if they are trying to "market adjust" the cars that much.

That sounds about right. C6Z starts around 89k which is still a hefty 12k over the americans. The C7Z should be the same unless dealers mark it up. If people think a little rather than blindly follow the hype, the new Z actually costs much less to produce on a relative term compared to the old Z. Its basically all bolt ons from the z51 stingray. There is no fixed roof meaning no extra chasis to hog production line, and all carbon fiber parts have been moved in house unlike the C6 days. Base c7Z with wider panels, tires, a bolt on eaton, cf torque tube, few cf and titanium bits here there does not make this a 100k car not even close unless gm gets over greedy and people keep riding their bandwagon.

Last edited:
That sounds about right. C6Z starts around 89k which is still a hefty 12k over the americans. The C7Z should be the same unless dealers mark it up. If people think a little rather than blindly follow the hype, the new Z actually costs much less to produce on a relative term compared to the old Z. Its basically all bolt ons from the z51 stingray. There is no fixed roof meaning no extra chasis to hog production line, and all carbon fiber parts have been moved in house unlike the C6 days. Base c7Z with wider panels, tires, a bolt on eaton, cf torque tube, few cf and titanium bits here there does not make this a 100k car not even close unless gm gets over greedy and people keep riding their bandwagon.

I generally agree with this but, given there is some speculation there will be no ZR1, the Z06 may be the top dog in the C7 world. If that is the case, it wouldn't surprise me to see it being a little higher than the C6Z06 in price. Also, as we know, GM is also increasing the price of the base car.

If I'm completely guessing, I'm saying $90,000 base to $115,000 fully loaded with Z07 in Canada.

They will sell every single one too... Canada will get so few cars that supply will never meet demand (rumour has it that there are already enough people in Canada with deposits down for the car that they won't be able to fill them all in any event) and even at, say, $115,000 it will embarrass cars over $250,000 :D For a car of this caliber, $115-$125,000 is completely reasonable in my books... it would leave a comparably equipped 911S in its dust, would embarrass a more expensive GT3, GT3RS and would also be faster than the Ferrari 458 Italia if speculation is close to true. Other than a Chevy badge and expectations of it being inexpensive, the Z7 Z06 will play in the sand box of cars costing literally twice as much money and more. If I had $150,000 to spend without my wife shooting me, I'd have no problem dropping it on a C6Z06 w/Z07 package. Now, I don't think it will be anywhere near that expensive but that wouldn't mean it wouldn't be worth it based on the performance.

Bottom line is it's all speculation until we know.

Last edited:
I generally agree with this but, given there is some speculation there will be no ZR1, the Z06 may be the top dog in the C7 world. If that is the case, it wouldn't surprise me to see it being a little higher than the C6Z06 in price. Also, as we know, GM is also increasing the price of the base car.

If I'm completely guessing, I'm saying $90,000 base to $115,000 fully loaded with Z07 in Canada.

They will sell every single one too... Canada will get so few cars that supply will never meet demand (rumour has it that there are already enough people in Canada with deposits down for the car that they won't be able to fill them all in any event) and even at, say, $115,000 it will embarrass cars over $250,000 :D For a car of this caliber, $115-$125,000 is completely reasonable in my books... it would leave a comparably equipped 911S in its dust, would embarrass a more expensive GT3, GT3RS and would also be faster than the Ferrari 458 Italia if speculation is close to true. Other than a Chevy badge and expectations of it being inexpensive, the Z7 Z06 will play in the sand box of cars costing literally twice as much money and more. If I had $150,000 to spend without my wife shooting me, I'd have no problem dropping it on a C6Z06 w/Z07 package. Now, I don't think it will be anywhere near that expensive but that wouldn't mean it wouldn't be worth it based on the performance.

Bottom line is it's all speculation until we know.

z07 is a worthy upgrade. the base z06 at anything more than 20k over z51 is not.

Last edited:
the Z06 will be definitely $110, 000+ …the Stingray is about 80+ here in canada… so add another $20,000 for sure , possibly more I'm betting. The Z06 will be a better car than the former ZR1… thats for certain with the new performance upgrades and awesome interior…you'll see 2013 ZR1 prices go way down now…

No wonder I don't see many corvettes around here. How can anyone take these stealerships seriously?

I sincerely wanted to put a deposite down on a c7 z06 and asked about how much the dealer charged for previous z06 and was told with a straight face the base starts at "120k" and insisted thats how much they were going for here. Even the zr1s dont go for that much, so I thought it was just the ignorance of the salesman who have the two models mixed up? Nope, the dealer still insists after I show them the MSRP in Canada which is around mid 80k before discounts. in the US z06 starts at 76k, zr1 110k even factoring echange rate base z06 should be no where near 100k let alone the 120k they insisted they charged and sold. So How much did we Canadians paid for our c6 Z06?

EMC7:

I ordered a 2013 Z06....i believe it was one of 15 2013 Z06's that made it to Canada....it's price tag loaded up was $102.5K + taxes.....

Cheers, Fitzy

"For a car of this caliber, $115-$125,000 is completely reasonable in my books... it would leave a comparably equipped 911S in its dust, would embarrass a more expensive GT3, GT3RS and would also be faster than the Ferrari 458 Italia if speculation is close to true. Other than a Chevy badge and expectations of it being inexpensive, the Z7 Z06 will play in the sand box of cars costing literally twice as much money and more. If I had $150,000 to spend without my wife shooting me, I'd have no problem dropping it on a C6Z06"

The Original King of The Hill ZR-1 set a record of 178 mph over 24 hrs, unmatched by ANY Production Vehicle since,not even the C7, if you want performance for dollar the Original is still the KING.

The Original King of The Hill ZR-1 set a record of 178 mph over 24 hrs, unmatched by ANY Production Vehicle since,not even the C7, if you want performance for dollar the Original is still the KING.

Except GM has already tested the pre-production C7 Z06 as being faster than the ZR1 at Milford... this is for a car that is still in development that they expect to get even faster by the time development is done. The ZR1 will only be the king until next year when the C7 Z06 is released.

This is not a bad thing for the ZR1... you would expect the next gen car to outperform it and, even when it does, the ZR1 is still an amazing car.

Merging Posts

Except GM has already tested the pre-production C7 Z06 as being faster than the ZR1 at Milford... this is for a car that is still in development that they expect to get even faster by the time development is done. The ZR1 will only be the king until next year when the C7 Z06 is released.

This is not a bad thing for the ZR1... you would expect the next gen car to outperform it and, even when it does, the ZR1 is still an amazing car.

Yeah, the new Z06 will do better than 178mph for sure, its predicted to be a 200mph car

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so this doesn't turn into a urinating match....unless people wish to do so, which is fine, as long as it stays on topic and stays respectful.

I think Bearly Flying is talking about the C4 ZR-1. This sounds interesting that the C4Z could outrun the C6 ZR1. Do you have a link to the information or anything like that? I want to see!

And as for the C7Z06 being faster than the C6ZR1. We have some rough quotes by Tadge but no hard numbers. And, really, when you are comparing these two cars, at this speed and how close they are, does it really matter which is a bit faster? As I've said in another thread, trying to decide which is a better car, this is like arguing who is more beautiful and which one would you rather date, Kate Becknsale or Mila Kunis. Either way, it's as a win-win for which ever car you pick.

As for going with a C7 and choosing your own performance upgrades? Awesome. That would be quite fun! But so is buying something turnkey with a warranty and already meets your desires. Lots of great times to come ahead!!!

Awesome. Thanks BF.

Now, I just remembered that I got so caught up in the excitement of the thread that I totally forgot to keep this on topic.

So, if we want to talk about the Z cars and what we like/prefer in each, we need to start a new thread, otherwise we should discuss the cost of the new Z unless the OP says he is satisfied with the replies and it's alright to start going OT.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread