Actually you are probably correct. When I do the build on the website it shows striping on the top when the transparent top is selected. I personally like the transparent top for the more open feel and would be reluctant to have the striping, but it would look odd with the gap in the stripe. Probably the second reason I didn’t get the striping. The first was the cost.

I got the dual roof but so far have only used the transparent top. Probably could have saved $1200 by getting only the transparent one, but I wasn’t sure if I would be able to buy the painted one afterwards. I know this isn’t your question, but might be worth considering how much you will use either top.

Reactions: moepig777
I have the transparent roof as well. I read on other forums it can get a bit hot in the summer - but I’m assuming that’s more in the souther states. No worries about that in Calgary! Love the look of it from the inside and out - but I wonder if I’m missing anything with a solid top lol. 🤷‍♂️

I have the transparent roof as well. I read on other forums it can get a bit hot in the summer - but I’m assuming that’s more in the souther states. No worries about that in Calgary! Love the look of it from the inside and out - but I wonder if I’m missing anything with a solid top lol. 🤷‍♂️
Nope. I used the painted top once but much prefer the transparent one.

Is there a difference in weight? I find the painted top awkward to remove and install
The transparent one feels a bit lighter, but still awkward trying to do it solo. The painted top also has better sound insulation which may account for some of the weight.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Just a slightly off base question but is the solid exposed carbon fibre top not an option with the C8? I got the dual roof pkg with my C7 and love the exposed cf roof. Have only had the lexan on once. The cf roof is both lighter and quieter in the cabin.

Just a slightly off base question but is the solid exposed carbon fibre top not an option with the C8? I got the dual roof pkg with my C7 and love the exposed cf roof. Have only had the lexan on once. The cf roof is both lighter and quieter in the cabin.
Yes, CF is an option. Was wondering about the weight on it also.

Found this on MidEngine

14 lbs - Carbon Fiber Top

15.5 lbs - Body Color Painted Top

17 lbs - Transparent Top

For comparison, the C7 Carbon Fiber Top weighs in at 16 lbs.
Interesting- the transparent top feels lighter yet is 1.5 lbs heavier- just goes to show how the eyes can affect your other senses and perception

Found this on MidEngine

14 lbs - Carbon Fiber Top

15.5 lbs - Body Color Painted Top

17 lbs - Transparent Top

For comparison, the C7 Carbon Fiber Top weighs in at 16 lbs.
Interesting. I have never weighed either but I am positive there is more than a pound or two difference between my exposed carbon fibre and my lexan. Either way they are both easy to take off and put on. Maybe that's just me. Been doing it for a lot of vette years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.