Nov 23, 2016
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
89 C4 Corvette
last fall as some of you may know, i was having idle issues. the mechanic found out that the burnoff sensor was gooched and recommended a new mass airflow sensor as well just to be sure. i concure. but he also showed me that if the burnoff and other wire (cant recall the name) were completely disconected from the mass airflow sensor, it would run fine. so thats what he did. and crazy enough... the idle issue totally stopped and the vette relearned the new settings. i asked him if doing this had any long term consiquences to which he replied "nope" as he had seen multiple people just totally bypass the mass airflow sensor.

what are your guys' thoughts on this? it worked like a charm but im still sceptical

the mech is actually the guy in my profile pick

Steve the air sensor is important, First, I would check air filter to see if it's dirty if so change. Second then disconnect tube from air box using a can of Only Air Flow Sensor Cleaner spray sensor a few seconds let dry then spray again. Let dry for 10 minutes reinstall and see if that helps. Good Luck

Late on this one too but...
The sensors can be purchased from GM for about 10$ each. I believe they are right behind the battery. Unplug the old sensor, drop a new one in then plug your MAF back in and your good to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread