Aug 18, 2014
Timmins Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
Hi . After receiving a somewhat " nasty gash " on lower door sill , I need some color match paint . Does anyone know where I can get Dr Colorchip repair kit ? I tried their web site but it says will not ship to Canada !!!

I just found this on their website:
International Shipping
All Canadian orders are shipped UPS Standard. Any duties or taxes are the responsibility of the customer
SHIPPING - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

I stand corrected< I just tried to put through an order and got the "does not ship to Canada comment.

There also is a Canadian Dr, Colorchip but that seems to be a service where you get the work done, perhaps they might sell you the product.

Locations - Dr. Colourchip

Right now my favourite chip is Ketchup.

Last edited:
Agreed! It's so tough to know how to fix chips and scratches. The "color match" paints out there never actually seem to match the color.

We need more Corvette members on here who work at body shops. Maybe then we could get some good advice....... or maybe they would give bad advice so we'd need to take our cars to the body shop..... :D

According to their website, the only place that applies it in all of BC is Kelowna. That's a PITA if I need it (which I now do, bloody stones on the highway tore into my wheel well).

Has anyone found a vendor willing to ship it from the US, I wonder?

Spectre if you have a Lordco with a paint dept. in it near you they will match the colour of your car from your VIN number and make up some paint or even an aerosol spray bottle if you wish.. I have used them and so do a lot of body shops. They matched my daily driver and it was a perfect match for my then eight year old car.
Al....

Reactions: Spectre
Spectre if you have a Lordco with a paint dept. in it near you they will match the colour of your car from your VIN number and make up some paint or even an aerosol spray bottle if you wish.. I have used them and so do a lot of body shops. They matched my daily driver and it was a perfect match for my then eight year old car.
Al....
Thank you! I'll definitely look into this.

Al....
I live way North of Toronto , Timmins Ontario , we have nothing like any of these places available . Just wish I could find something . Would the factory colour Pens / brush bottles work or would they leave too much of a " blotch " finish ?

Dr.ColourChip doesn't ship their products anymore to Canada, or sell their DIY kits anymore. However, they do have technicians set up across Canada who you can send a picture to for a quote. Their technician then contacts you and sets up a good time to meet. It's a good alternative to trying to do the repair yourself and ending up with questionable results. There's more information on their website drcolourchip.ca. Hope this can be of help!

Reactions: ddgermann
If I’m going to that much trouble I will just take the car in and have it repaired properly when I can’t stand it any longer. Let’s face it panel painting it easy on a corvette as most that would be chipped come off with minimum effort. I have a black Z so it is easier for me than perhaps someone with a metallic to get the perfect colour match. But with the sophistication of paint and computerized color coding/matches I would think most colors can be factory matched with precision now. I had that done on my 15Z and it was cheap and perfect. Rear quarters was $1400 with remove/paint/replace ....new black shine.
I watched a lot of videos on this Dr Colour chip and it is a good thing for what it is. (A product that allows the owner of the car to mask a visible paint chip that goes through the clear coat and knocks out some paint.) That’s all it does. If you look close the jagged edges are still there. So getting a technician to do this seems to defeat the purpose of the intent of the product.
Too bad they did that for Canadian buyers as it was good for quick fixes. :canada:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.