NO!! Say it isn’t so.

I ripped on him after his Z06 review. He puts the roof on the ground as he did know there was a release button for the back hatch. Etc.

Read the comments on his vids.. “Doug’s the kind of guy...”
So many people wailing on him.
Completely worthless reviews. And the Doug score is a joke.
I have moved him into the comedy category now.

I will look at the ZR1 review when I’m bored or waiting for my nails to dry...

• Agree
Reactions: flyboy999 and Nik
NO!! Say it isn’t so.

I ripped on him after his Z06 review. He puts the roof on the ground as he did know there was a release button for the back hatch. Etc.

Read the comments on his vids.. “Doug’s the kind of guy...”
So many people wailing on him.
Completely worthless reviews. And the Doug score is a joke.
I have moved him into the comedy category now.

I will look at the ZR1 review when I’m bored or waiting for my nails to dry...

Lol, yeah I kind of hate him too but some do like him plus you get up close to the ZR1.... Fine no excuse for this one. :(

Watched. Good sound with the engine. Good explanations of features. However, with the scoring, not horrid, but nothing that wouldn't keep me from buying a ZR1 if in the market.

For me, the thing I found most frustrating is that he did such a terrible job on the Z06 review, that he didnt realize that most of the features he points out on the ZR1 exist on the Z06. Side skirts, soft close, foam protectors for the exact same carbon ceramic brakes, infotainment features.....on and on. What he needed to do was focus on the specific issues that set the two cars apart....hood, exhaust, supercharger, cooling, styling, aero. But because he blew the Z06 review he wasnt able to differentiate from the two and ask the million dollar question: is the extra cash worth it or should you just save your money for a mid-engined C8 with a better transmission?

Reactions: YFCvii and Riley P
Lol, yeah I kind of hate him too but some do like him plus you get up close to the ZR1.... Fine no excuse for this one. :(

I just got a 2 day close up look at 25 of them and watch them tear up the track... so I’m good.
Never thought I do a YouTube review. @SN-III I think you missed an opportunity to become a YouTube celebrity Spence. :thumbs:

I just got a 2 day close up look at 25 of them and watch them tear up the track... so I’m good.
Never thought I do a YouTube review. @SN-III I think you missed an opportunity to become a YouTube celebrity Spence. :thumbs:
I guess I was selfish for us while absorbing all the ZR1s ... actually this might be very likely why the fella demanded that my cell phone gets put away before suggesting a something-something ... that kinda-sorta checks off a selfish "opportunity" that suddenly popped up on my bucket list. Everyone else will have to take my word for it ... or give me a YYSSW ...
I have obtained "spousal" approval to get a ZR1 but it likely will not materialize due to what I have since experienced and not enjoying with "hoops of frustrating shenanigans" of obtaining one in Canada which includes dealer sales "legitimacy judgement" that I keep getting - even after showing that I have already hugged one of these beauties. Last time I got a "ya I bet you wish..." reply was back in 1984 while considering a Showroom Trans Am and driving a week later in my new Z28 from another dealer. Don't get me wrong though as it is an awesome experience while seriously considering to obtain an initial release ZR1 ... although shelved until 2020 ... here's my 2019 ZR1 affair photograph ... the one that received "spousal" approval for trading his&hers C7s :thumbs:
DSC_0054a.jpg
As for youtube stardom ... well I don't think I'd be very good at all the es'plaining that I would have to do ... the grin gets in the way :Biggrin:

about this video this guy did ...
Most everyone who knows me would be assured of a review with a spotless ZR1 Corvette ... argh
I still remain traumatized for a different video when Jay Leno slammed the back hatch down on a C7 ... I'd save you that "pain". I chose the convertible and low profile back spoiler as the only thing I really struggle to embrace is what I had to do to put in the coupe roof panel in the high wing hatch area. Those who do it on the C7 coupe know that it is best done from the back and this was near impossible to do on the high wing coupe (the yellow one you see in the dash photo below - while it was being rigged with cameras)
... and the Hood (and emblem) DOES NOT block your vision ... that's the exact question I used to be permitted to sit in a ZR1
DSC_0084a.jpg
... by the way ... I related that the 2SS Camaro that I was renting has a larger bumped-up dash obstruction above the steering wheel when it is not raised-up like in the photo (below)
2018-Chevrolet-Camaro-interior-steering-wheel.jpg
... who doesn't know that that front cameras :Snaphappy: help you from not damaging your ZR1 on wheel stops? :bucktooth:
... I do like the fact this youtube dude mentions the rotor protectors and shows them ... :thumbs:
... I also like this guy endorsing that we don't create "garage princesses" (by saving them for the next owner) ...:thumbs:
... He however wasted a lot of time mentioning a lot of what is actually not unique to the ZR1
... Also know that the smile this goof ball has on his face while driving is not the Corvette Owner Grin.
Please realize this is the smile that replicates an idiot being allowed to drive a friend's Corvette.
So please stop allowing this "enjoyment" ...
jackass2.jpgjackass.jpgjackass3.jpg
He gets my YYSSW Award for the week

Last edited:
Clearly the review could be better, but I commend him for having the courage and contacts to make one......

It’s an absolute shame how easily our forum members are quick to point out the negative resort to character assanssination. Perhaps the administrator should create move these posts to the “ Assanssination of Character “, section? SS-III, you undoubtedly spent a lot of time creating your punch up response..I can wait to see your you tube review of the new ZR1...

We all share a common passion about Corvettes...but I wonder, do we really support and respect each other? From what I just witnessed, am going to go with no on this one...

Clearly the review could be better, but I commend him for having the courage and contacts to make one......

It’s an absolute shame how easily our forum members are quick to point out the negative resort to character assanssination. Perhaps the administrator should create move these posts to the “ Assanssination of Character “, section? SS-III, you undoubtedly spent a lot of time creating your punch up response..I can wait to see your you tube review of the new ZR1...

We all share a common passion about Corvettes...but I wonder, do we really support and respect each other? From what I just witnessed, am going to go with no on this one...

Sorry if you don't like my attitude. That's just me. With two left feet, I would look pretty foolish putting on a show about dancing. I guess others see it differently.

Last edited:

Whilst I agree with you that none of us should be assassinating characters willy nilly it's perfectly acceptable to express your dislike for something (as much as it is to express your fondness). I don't think we're doing any of that.

Doug is a very successful youtuber. His brand is built on his on screen character coming across as a bit of a clueless 'buffoon'. I don't for a second believe he is the persona he portrays on youtube. It's a very successful business model and makes him a) popular b) lots of money c) instantly dislikable to a large portion of true car enthusiasts as he glosses over pretty much most things that make each car he reviews special. It's just the way the cookie crumbles with him. He also thrives on the publicity and in some respect the negativity so it's all good for his image and character. This is the primary reason his videos get millions of views vs some in-depth masterpieces that hardly reach 4 figures.

Reactions: ddgermann
It’s an absolute shame how easily our forum members are quick to point out the negative resort to character assanssination. Perhaps the administrator should create move these posts to the “ Assanssination of Character “, section? SS-III, you undoubtedly spent a lot of time creating your punch up response..I can wait to see your you tube review of the new ZR1....
As a fellow CCF Corvette Owner, I accept your judgement of my character as a character assassinator. Respectfully, I disagree.
I thought I said a couple of nice things about this guy prior to maybe not being so passionate about his arrogance.
It was hopefully seen as one good turn deserves another when one has character "painted with a brush" as this video jacka$$ did.
Throughout the video, he initiates and continually displays a non-owner sarcastic disrespect with expression and words of what may thrill a Corvette Enthusiast with the ZR1.
So many examples are already mentioned ... so allow me to entertain with a couple more ...
Although many tires selections can make for a rough drive ... a rough road assures of it ... so make sure to not say that on the test drive.
I can only assume this guy intended to somehow be surprised on how rough the drive is without saying that an owner will need to choose replacement tires wisely depending on where we intend to be driving the Corvette the most. I know of many Corvette Owners trying to decide on the replacement tire this Spring - that will make their personal driving experience better - after all we have varied preferences.
He also spent time mesmerizing us about a hole in the hood rather than any other unique feature in regard to the ZR1 like is there anything else under the hood other than the engine cover that is not great overseas or when we Corvette Owners apparently go "pedestrian hunting".
So, I am not upset with a comment towards mine at all. I appreciate being able to create it regardless of how much time I waste doing it.
The wait will be forever in regard to a you tube review of mine, as there will not be one ...
I have posted many pictures of Pahrump's ZR1 experience and 2019 Sierra & Silverado too... nobody has asked reviews ... I won't force it.
However with "spousal" approval to trade his and hers C7s for a ZR1 ...
Might this sum-up the ZR1 with two separate and actual Corvette Owner hands-on reviews?

I have never seen this guy's you tube stuff before ... and will not be hunting for any more ...
same for other disrespectful Mr Leno C7 Corvette rear-hatch slamming reviewers

As many know me to be better ... I will close by wondering if this you tube video is demanding a new CCF thread titled ...

"So what do you hide from the Police behind that secret dash display compartment of your ZR1? (well actually any C7 Mr Youtube'r)"

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
I really like Doug. I have been a subscriber to his YouTube channel for years. In fact, he is one of my favorites. I'm just frustrated that he didn't spend more time doing his homework, as he should, and show the Z06 and ZR1 the respect they deserve. Particularly when they are a product of his and my "homeland". But that's typical... Everything built in Europe demands respect and admiration and anything from the good 'ol U S of A is a pedestrian cheesburger only to be consumed by the unwashed masses. He does a disservice to his country and the car when he blows it like this. I expect better from him....

Last edited:
Yes if you expect a serious review of a corvette skip over Doug’s channel. I’ve never seen anything else from him and likely will not bother. This channel is for entertainment which is ok and as Nik mentioned very successful. Clearly not for anyone actually interested in understanding or learning about Corvette or likely anything he reviews. Kind of a wannabe owners review.
If you put your stuff on YouTube and get the reactions this guys gets in the comments below and continue to do exactly the same thing, clearly he is looking for this reaction. It’s his niche and working for him. So the term “character assasination” is laughable at best. @C4dhr maybe you should read some of SN-IIIs posts before you assinate his character as you will likely not find a more positive and well rounded poster on here.

Reactions: 12cents
@ddgermann
Getting away from these reviews of the you tube reviewer ...
I really wish a Black :Woot: ZR1 that was manual and spotless was at Pahrump for you to tell me what you think.
Although I might already know, I would have loved to find out if it has enough carbon fibre for you.
Odd to me, if I were to spec out this factory build, is whether I would choose the blue caliper covers, which I quite like. I guess they do compliment the ZR1 emblem.
I quickly noticed the interior had red stitching which might have been selected because the buyer optioned the red coloured seat belts (which I believe are only available in black or red).
The white ZR1 that I liked in Pahrump had blue calipers and blue interior stitching with black seat belts. I would not think I would embrace the red belts with the blue accents. :Shrug2:
I'm not knocking David Hale's spec that he purchased here and if I could, I would ask him and avoid such speculation regarding his keen selection of red stitching & blue caliper covers.
I'd also be curious to know if $5000 was OK to spend for VIN ..... 127

I continue to watch this video as I really enjoy this Black ZR1 ... I just have the volume muted now ...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread