Very common problem on the C5. The relays in the door modules oxidize over time and stop functioning. I've had to clean mine a few times over the years. If you open up the door module, you have to use pliers to "crack" the plastic loose on the relay and then you can gently sand the contacts with some very fine sandpaper. Works every time for mine and usually lasts a few years before I have to repeat the process............ :Biggrin:

I fix them by replacing the relays. There are two in each module, one for unlock and one for lock. You can buy the relays from most electronic suppliers on line for about $1.50 each. I got mine from Arrow electronics in Nevada Cheap! P/N JSM1-12V-5. Once the door panel is off the module just unplugs and pull out the board. Unsolder the relays and solder in the new ones. Takes a little time but better than $400+++ each for new modules.

Last edited:
I fix them by replacing the relays. There are two in each module, one for unlock and one for lock. You can buy the relays from most electronic suppliers on line for about $1.50 each. I got mine from Arrow electronics in Nevada Cheap! P/N JSM1-12V-5. Once the door panel is off the module just unplugs and pull out the board. Unsolder the relays and solder in the new ones. Takes a little time but better than $400+++ each for new modules.

Now there's the cost saving tip of the month.... Good info Jim....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.