It has been noted (and subsequently investigated) that certain members are abusing the edit/delete own post privileges to intentionally disrupt and in some cases decimate entire threads. Almost every platform out there including the seedy ones (looking at you Facebook ;) ) have hard stops on edits meaning after a certain time you're not able to go back and edit your posts. CCF has probably the most generous Edit Own Post and Delete Own post restrictions out there largely because the vast majority of you are responsible enough not to abuse them. Not all though.

Repeatedly putting false, repetitive and incendiary posts then editing/removing them after the fact is by and large a form of trolling which goes against our rules. It is a fine line to tread as I know we all do go back at some point and correct ourselves in some form and I'm not here to change your behaviour.

So we've had to make choices here, we can reduce the edit privileges of everyone and better align them with popular platforms or we can target the very very few that abuse them. We are currently going with the latter and adding an Edit Restricted Group. When you are in this group you will temporarily lose ALL Post Edit privileges for a discretionary period of time. Current edit limits will be left unchanged however we will be actively issuing warnings to those of you we feel are not acting in the best interests of the CCF Community.

I want to make it clear that we are not saying you're not allowed to edit your posts. Unless you have been specifically warned you can go about your business here.

Thanks for reading. As always feedback is appreciated.

It has been noted (and subsequently investigated) that certain members are abusing the edit/delete own post privileges to intentionally disrupt and in some cases decimate entire threads. Almost every platform out there including the seedy ones (looking at you Facebook ;) ) have hard stops on edits meaning after a certain time you're not able to go back and edit your posts. CCF has probably the most generous Edit Own Post and Delete Own post restrictions out there largely because the vast majority of you are responsible enough not to abuse them. Not all though.

Repeatedly putting false, repetitive and incendiary posts then editing/removing them after the fact is by and large a form of trolling which goes against our rules. It is a fine line to tread as I know we all do go back at some point and correct ourselves in some form and I'm not here to change your behaviour.

So we've had to make choices here, we can reduce the edit privileges of everyone and better align them with popular platforms or we can target the very very few that abuse them. We are currently going with the latter and adding an Edit Restricted Group. When you are in this group you will temporarily lose ALL Post Edit privileges for a discretionary period of time. Current edit limits will be left unchanged however we will be actively issuing warnings to those of you we feel are not acting in the best interests of the CCF Community.

I want to make it clear that we are not saying you're not allowed to edit your posts. Unless you have been specifically warned you can go about your business here.

Thanks for reading. As always feedback is appreciated.
:Hurray::Party:

I will comment with appreciation
for the edit feature and realize
that the option is time-locked.
I generously thank these forums ... :thumbs:
My intent is to be proactive and
constructive on these forums,
I am often having to check if my post
can be mistakenly taken out of context
... and now sadly recheck to see if
it can be intentionally and have potential
to be harmfully taken out of context.