Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province
AB
I know many of us OCD Corvette owners have beautiful 4 legged friends that we are very attached to and love as much as our 4 wheeled toys. I thought that I would be the first to show my best buddy Roxy, beside my ride in my shop. She is a Border Collie, Husky and Lab mix rescue dog from SCARS, and an absoulute sweetie. She has one totally blue eye, and the other is dark brown with about a sixth of a pie chunk of blue. Let's see your pals!

Attachments

• 20170618_145551.jpg
    20170618_145551.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20170618_145752.jpg
    20170618_145752.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 62
IMG_1140.JPG
I wondered when someone would make a thread like this. Thanks Ziggy. Your pooch is beautiful. Sadly,I don't have any 4 legged friends anymore. My ex and I had 2 Yorkies, a female ( Meeka ) and a male ( Rufus ) but when the day came that we split,I had to say my goodbyes to them both. I could've taken the female but,my shift work schedule wouldn't allow that. Wouldn't have been fair to a 2 year old pooch.

But,I did meet Sprocket the Yorkie at the auto cross event going on near the airport today. He was mine for about 10 mins. Wouldn't leave me alone.

Last edited:
View attachment 9383 I wondered when someone would make a thread like this. Thanks Ziggy. Your pooch is beautiful. Sadly,I don't have any 4 legged friends anymore. My ex and I had 2 Yorkies,female and male but when the day came that we split,I had to say my goodbyes to them both. I could've taken the female but,my shift work schedule wouldn't allow that. Wouldn't have been fair to a 2 year old pooch.

But,I did meet Sprocket the Yorkie at the auto cross event going on near the airport today. He was mine for about 10 mins. Wouldn't leave me alone.

Sprocket looks like a real Chick Magnet Mikey :cool: Has an awesome name too :thumbs:and good taste in who to hang out with too :happy: if only ....

Our Labrador Husky after she lost one eye to glaucoma. Sadly she has only just lost the second eye to the same disease and is now totally sightless. There is nothing harder to deal with than a Husky that is blind. She defines stubborn LOL.

View attachment 9548

Next on her list is retraining her owner for walks ... good on her!
My empathy is very high for y'all.
(we have her photo thank you ... and we need her name too please)

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Next on her list is retraining her owner for walks ... good on her!
My empathy is very high for y'all.
(we have her photo thank you ... and we need her name too please)

No Worries there. I think our training went quite quickly. My bad, her name is Siku which is Inuit for a type of ice

Our Labrador Husky after she lost one eye to glaucoma. Sadly she has only just lost the second eye to the same disease and is now totally sightless. There is nothing harder to deal with than a Husky that is blind. She defines stubborn LOL.

View attachment 9548
Another cool Pooch 12cents. Kudos for being her eyes. A lot of them can adapt if they've been in the same surroundings for years. I've seen a blind Scottie chase toys and bring em back. Slowly mind you,but still plays. Love the pic in the background too.

Reactions: turbozig
Fred , a while ago you showed a winter picture of, if memory serves me, a dog running along a frozen riverbed. Was that dog Siku?

What a sad story about her eyesight. They adapt and a big thumbs up to you for supporting her.

Pretty dog.

Reactions: Hotrodron

View attachment 9548

Always sad to see when one of our beloved pets has a terrible misfortune. Glad to hear that you are giving her the best you can. All the best for Siku.

Reactions: Hotrodron
Fred , a while ago you showed a winter picture of, if memory serves me, a dog running along a frozen riverbed. Was that dog Siku?

What a sad story about her eyesight. They adapt and a big thumbs up to you for supporting her.

Pretty dog.

Yep Murray that is her. She still goes on walks but I cannot let her off the leash anymore. LOL she still acts as if she has eyes. I have her trained now with some new words and the snapping of my fingers. Amazing how quick she learned.

Thanks for all of the well wishes guys. she had her visit with the surgeon and everything is healing very well. one more visit and that will hopefully be it. If you have never owned a Husky, they are special and really tug hard on the heart strings.
We had one when I was a kid,as well as a shepherd. Used to pull the neighbourhood kids up the street on our toboggans. Great dog he was.

I know many of us OCD Corvette owners have beautiful 4 legged friends that we are very attached to and love as much as our 4 wheeled toys. I thought that I would be the first to show my best buddy Roxy, beside my ride in my shop. She is a Border Collie, Husky and Lab mix rescue dog from SCARS, and an absoulute sweetie. She has one totally blue eye, and the other is dark brown with about a sixth of a pie chunk of blue. Let's see your pals!

Attachments

• P1010428.JPG
    P1010428.JPG
    515.3 KB · Views: 40
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread