Jul 26, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2005 C6
Hi everyone,

I left the car sitting in my garage in neutral with the accessory mode on "ON" by mistake. Forgot to shift to park and turn off the ignition. Will that drain my battery? Or does it turn off automatically after a while? Just wondered as I will not be back at the garage for two days. Does anyone know?

the fob is not in or near the car ...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the Problem. Forgot to shift back to "park". I left it in "neutral"......:Banghead:
...if the gearshift is in park, the accessory mode automatically times out after a while and the car goes to sleep.

I guess I have to make the 40 mile trip to my garage and see what happened....:(

Decided not to take a chance and went back to my garage. Good thing I did. The Vette was sitting there exactly 24 hours and the accessory mode Does NOT time out with the shifter in neutral. The two lights (red & amber) on the start button were illuminated and the DIC on the instrument cluster displayed the warning "shift to park". Other than that I didn't notice any active systems but seems like several systems were running in the background. Luckily my trickle charger was still connected to the battery. Still, it was enough to drain the battery down to 9,2 volts.

So, for all who were also wondering: The accessory mode will time out after some time only in the "park" mode. Otherwise it will stay active until the battery is drained.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.