Jun 30, 2018
Dollard des Ormeaux, PQ
VetteCoins
Car
1986 Corvette
Province
QC
$152.00 new Canadian, $99US plus shipping and duties! Yeah, all for a cheaply designed plastic bellcrank that snaps off with age. Scrapyards with any Vette parts here in Canada are rare, and also cost a bundle. Hints, ideas, and leads are most welcome. Thanx!!

Is it actually broken off or are the wipers just not working correctly?

if the wipers are being “spastic”, you can often fix that by resoldering the circuit board inside the black cover or, as was the case with mine, the door wiper switch needed to be cleaned.

as for Vette wrecking yards: try Blair Moland just outside of Bridgewater NS.he’s got piles of stuff, but I don’t know if he ships.

google should turn up his contact info...

edit: this is the guy -https://truckingdatabase.com/companies/dot/1295382

Last edited:
Reactions: AlbertaZ06
When I bought my car recently, I found exactly that problem, that the little post that the wheel rotates on was snapped off. I did a homemade repair this way:
I drilled a 1/8" hole down into the centre of what was left of the post. There was about 3/4" of plastic to drill into. I had to experiment a couple of times to get the height just right so that the wheel could sit on the nail of a pop rivet that I inserted into the 1/8" hole. To get the height right, I had to drill with a 3/8" drill to get the top of the boss to be a bit lower, and then I used the pop-rivet tool to start the nail into the rivet, but not enough to snap it. I cut the nail off with sidecutters, at a height that would fit inside the installed cover. I created a couple of bushings with some 1/8" copper line ferrules for compression fittings that fit into the axle hole, on the top and bottom of the wheel. The cover was cracked and a piece of it had detached so I glued that back into place and backed it up with some black duct tape.
When I put it all back together, I turned the wipers on and the whole thing clicked and clacked a couple of times, and to my surprise, the wipers work perfectly. So, I'm going to leave it like that until I actually find a cover that is going to work, but without paying a stupid price for it.
Have fun!

Live Wire...I saw this one, but when you take the price plus shipping and then check on the NEW one pricewise from Zip or Eckler's, it pays to buy it new(even with the exchange rate from one of these guys) For the small difference in dollars, at least it's new!

Reactions: Live Wire
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread