Jan 12, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
20 3LT Z51 Matrix G
Province
ON
I want to get my break in done ASAP, nice weather is coming for us northerners and I am looking to find the best place to take my vette with Phil to get enough km to get my oil change. I live in London ontario canada and I have 50km on my C8, I need to get 700k more. I was thinking of doing a burger run to Webers or go the NCM and get an oil change by Conti or Chevy Dude

Hmmmm......Weber's (where the burg quality has slipped over the yrs) or Bowling Green KY, where, all you need to do is head east 2 - 3 hrs, and you'll be on roads that dreams are made from?
That's a tough one, but I'm going to recommend at least 1 night at Fontana Village NC.

Reactions: turbozig
I want to get my break in done ASAP, nice weather is coming for us northerners and I am looking to find the best place to take my vette with Phil to get enough km to get my oil change. I live in London ontario canada and I have 50km on my C8, I need to get 700k more. I was thinking of doing a burger run to Webers or go the NCM and get an oil change by Conti or Chevy Dude
Still snows a Webers at this time of the year. The NCM is cool and is easily done in a full day.

Reactions: Morgan
I'd avoid Ottawa for the next 2-3 weeks, we still have snow predicted till April...

For a break in, you need to avoid just doing highway driving. Needs to be more "stop/go", variable rpm, not long 4hr drives more like 30min, then break etc.

Once it is broken in, you have to make the drive to Bowling Green and see the National Corvette Museum.

Reactions: Bixter44
Snowing at Weber's as we speak. Head south to St. Thomas (Sparta) put on about a 100 runs down the drag strip there and head for home.

Seriously lots of wet spots on the highway and they are still covered with sand and salt coming north. Just a month too early maybe. The winter was hard on the roads this year.

Snowing at Weber's as we speak. Head south to St. Thomas (Sparta) put on about a 100 runs down the drag strip there and head for home.

Seriously lots of wet spots on the highway and they are still covered with sand and salt coming north. Just a month too early maybe. The winter was hard on the roads this year.
good point. looks like this is a little too ambitious

... as this question is in the C8 section and not in any particular provincial section ...
Anyone with a C8, consider joining with myself and three others (so far)
as organizers are looking for C8's for the Static Display .. .The Show is Huge this year.

Last edited:
Too early for a road trip did you see the amount of salt on TJ Hunt's car by the time he got back to California. I don't care how well you wash it it you can't clean was you can't see and it goes into everywhere.Also on that note I hope everything under the rear glass panel is waterproof as TJ's engine bay was covered with salt from all the water that came through the side vents, will need to wash your engine after major rain storms as crap will get in especially you guys that ordered the appearance package.

Hmmmm......Weber's (where the burg quality has slipped over the yrs) or Bowling Green KY, where, all you need to do is head east 2 - 3 hrs, and you'll be on roads that dreams are made from?
That's a tough one, but I'm going to recommend at least 1 night at Fontana Village NC.
I did the Bowling Green Kentucky cruise last year from Edmonton and then route 66 to the west coast and up through BC and home. 13500km round trip. Epic! That should be good for an oil change. 😂

Too early for a road trip did you see the amount of salt on TJ Hunt's car by the time he got back to California. I don't care how well you wash it it you can't clean was you can't see and it goes into everywhere.Also on that note I hope everything under the rear glass panel is waterproof as TJ's engine bay was covered with salt from all the water that came through the side vents, will need to wash your engine after major rain storms as crap will get in especially you guys that ordered the appearance package.
I agree. Also that brine crap they paint the roads with for no reason sticks like glue any where it can get on or in a car. It will be there for life. My summer toys don't see the road until there has been a couple of heavy rains and the streets have been swept up from the tons of salt and sand dumped on them.

I agree. Also that brine crap they paint the roads with for no reason sticks like glue any where it can get on or in a car. It will be there for life. My summer toys don't see the road until there has been a couple of heavy rains and the streets have been swept up from the tons of salt and sand dumped on them.

Too early for “you” is what you should be saying. There are lots of guys who just enjoy the cars all year as they bought it to drive not obsess and worry about.
I’m somewhere in the middle as my car gets driven when the temps are above 0 with dry roads if possible, and I get a chance to enjoy it along with friends with their cars.

I think it's too early. :p Those guys who take their Corvettes out while there is snow/salt on the roads are the crazies!!! Part of me feels sorry for the car but another part is super jealous that they get to enjoy their cars all year round....but I just can't do that to my car, so until then, it'll be a nice weather/summer time car only car. :Woot:

But anyway, good road trip ideas.....well, I can only help from the west. If you were in BC, I would suggest the Sea to Sky highway. Tons of turns and great views. But, there is one road trip I really want to do, but am not sure when I will be able to do it. Going from Edmonton, to Jasper, down the 93 to Lake Louise, Banff, Calgary. I think it would be great, but the Alberta Boys would be able to chime in if it would actually be a good run or not.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.