Oct 12, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Z51 LT2
Province
ON
1615322584327.png

Considering buying one of these for extra 2 qt trans fluid fill without disassembly. Economics seem to make it work out if tracking regularly. US$230 landed here probably C$350, then need to install it and buy the filler device, whatever that $ is
I was quoted 2 hours labour at the dealership just to add the two quarts. I figure you would save 1.5 hours of labour with the Dodson device or about $200 dealer rate so payback is less than 3 two litre top ups.
With recommended Trans fluid change every 24 hours of track use, this is looking pretty appealing
Should be able to install it without removing trunk etc
Anyone else considering?
On a trans fluid change, with this installed, how do you know when fluid is at factory fill level.
Have to remove it from the fill plug, fill to factory, re install Dodson filler, then put 2 quarts in?
Thoughts?

Reactions: Gilles27
View attachment 78954
Considering buying one of these for extra 2 qt trans fluid fill without disassembly. Economics seem to make it work out if tracking regularly. US$230 landed here probably C$350, then need to install it and buy the filler device, whatever that $ is
I was quoted 2 hours labour at the dealership just to add the two quarts. I figure you would save 1.5 hours of labour with the Dodson device or about $200 dealer rate so payback is less than 3 two litre top ups.
With recommended Trans fluid change every 24 hours of track use, this is looking pretty appealing
Should be able to install it without removing trunk etc
Anyone else considering?
On a trans fluid change, with this installed, how do you know when fluid is at factory fill level.
Have to remove it from the fill plug, fill to factory, re install Dodson filler, then put 2 quarts in?
Thoughts?
Murray is right, there are guys posting ways to do it on YouTube. They must always be taken with a grain of salt though. Good luck

Thanks Murray. I think I have looked at them all
appears there are 2 options aside from the Dodson solution
1. Take trunk out. Unfasten air box bolts and wiggle the airbox to the side (without unfastening the electrical connectors) to access the top plug with a funnel and long hose.
2. Make your own Dodson equivalent adapter to the side fill hole (I’m not fond of the makeshift devices I have seen)
If you have seen other solutions I would appreciate seeing them

1. Take trunk out. Unfasten air box bolts and wiggle the airbox to the side (without unfastening the electrical connectors) to access the top plug with a funnel and long hose.
2. Make your own Dodson equivalent adapter to the side fill hole (I’m not fond of the makeshift devices I have seen)
Sounds like all the ones I've seen. I think the dealer option might be cheaper though. ;)

I added my 2 quarts with wiggling the airbox to the side still was a royal pain. The yellow fill plug is quite tight when you don't have good access plus can strip 6mm Allen bolt easily
Not sure where I read it but I think some guys are filling it through the transmission vent. I hear very easy but slow as molasses

There are videos showing how to do it without removing the air box. It still requires a modified filler of some sort. I forget which. But a lot cheaper than that.
I am sure there has been an answer to this question before: Why do they(the plant) not put the 2 litres in the transmission when it is being assembled?

I installed the fumoto valve in the side fill plug and use a garden sprayer to pump in the fluid. Works fine and economical.
Hi Happy,

Can you explain how the process works with the Fumoto Valve? Like having the valve saves you from doing what operations that you would normally have to do? I am asking this as I may have my mechanic put it on at my next fluid change but I want to be able to articulate to my mechanic what steps I will save to reduce my labour charge.

Hi Happy,

Can you explain how the process works with the Fumoto Valve? Like having the valve saves you from doing what operations that you would normally have to do? I am asking this as I may have my mechanic put it on at my next fluid change but I want to be able to articulate to my mechanic what steps I will save to reduce my labour charge.
With fumoto valve installed, which can be done from beneath with car on hoist….
remove left rear wheel, attach hose to fumoto valve, open fumoto valve, use pressurized garden sprayer to add 13 litres, close fumoto valve, remove hose, install wheel.
saves removing trunk and air box, and do not need to tilt the car

With fumoto valve installed, which can be done from beneath with car on hoist….
remove left rear wheel, attach hose to fumoto valve, open fumoto valve, use pressurized garden sprayer to add 13 litres, close fumoto valve, remove hose, install wheel.
saves removing trunk and air box, and do not need to tilt the car
Thanks for responding :Hurray:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.