Mar 21, 2023
VetteCoins
Good Monday morning all.
I did search the forum and have seen many other post re status codes and daily production numbers etc. I have not yet seen any posts on checking if your actual car has been built or not. Or see the actual day your car is being built.
Hope I’m allowed to share this link. If not please delete thread.

If my addition is correct 43 Zo6s have been built for Canada with only 7 to the top Ontario 3 dealers.
Wilson Niblett leads all dealers in both SR and Zo6 deliveries.

I just think it’s a cool link because most that get a TPW only know that it’s being built during that week. But this one shows the actual day. If you have the Vin., the site updates 6:00 am for that days production.
Punch in you Vin in the search bar and voila

If my addition is correct 43 Zo6s have been built for Canada with only 7 to the top Ontario 3 dealers.
Wilson Niblett leads all dealers in both SR and Zo6 deliveries.
Can you please share your numbers? how many did each get?

C8 tracker shows that Brian Cullens got 1 z06, but we know for a fact that thay delivered 3, and have 1-2 waiting to be shipped

Can you please share your numbers? how many did each get?
Go to the website and hit the home button. Gives you options for Z06 , SR and other models. Or you can go to Vin. Decoder and in the vin number will let you know the model being built. Cross reference with all the Vins. A little bit of work but fun haha

Go to the website and hit the home button. Gives you options for Z06 , SR and other models. Or you can go to Vin. Decoder and in the vin number will let you know the model being built. Cross reference with all the Vins. A little bit of work but fun haha
number for Canadian dealers are not correct, maybe early cars are missing?

for example C8 tracker shows that Brian Cullens got 1 z06, but we know for a fact that thay delivered 3, and have 1-2 waiting to be shipped

It would be interesting to see for all of you that do have your Vin. To type in the search bar and see if it comes up with a future build date. Or if this C8 tracker only does past and todays builds?

for example C8 tracker shows that Brian Cullens got 1 z06, but we know for a fact that thay delivered 3, and have 1-2 waiting to be shipped
I don’t know but TPW’s are always being push forward. I thing due to constraints. So they are on hold. Once they have all the parts they squeeze it back into the production line. I’m guessing.

If you read the docs on that site you see the Canadian car numbers are spotty. He's not sure why and I don't remember why he has trouble with them, but he is focusing on U.S. cars.

@opmope I was tracking numbers since the beginning, but gave up once the 70ths and Z06's came along.

It would be interesting to see for all of you that do have your Vin. To type in the search bar and see if it comes up with a future build date. Or if this C8 tracker only does past and todays builds?
it is my understanding that C8Tracker uses window stickers to track builds and window stickers are created sometime after the cars have been built so there is a delay.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
it is my understanding that C8Tracker uses window stickers to track builds and window stickers are created sometime after the cars have been built so there is a delay.
Ya, that's what he says. He also states that some stickers are delayed likely due to QC holds

I just think it’s a cool link because most that get a TPW only know that it’s being built during that week. But this one shows the actual day. If you have the Vin., the site updates 6:00 am for that days production.
Punch in you Vin in the search bar and voila
You do realize a car takes more than a day, from onset, to being fired up and driven off the line?
Also, overnight and weekends the line stands still while fully loaded with partially built units.
For example.....onset for vin "xxxx" was 15 minutes before the end of production on Thursday. On Friday, "xxxx" makes it 85% through production before the end of Friday's shift. Lines are down all weekend. Sometime Monday afternoon, "xxxx" fires up, drives off the line and heads to 'water test' and final inspection, then to "the bay", for shipping.
When would you say "xxxx" was built?

You do realize a car takes more than a day, from onset, to being fired up and driven off the line?
Also, overnight and weekends the line stands still while fully loaded with partially built units.
For example.....onset for vin "xxxx" was 15 minutes before the end of production on Thursday. On Friday, "xxxx" makes it 85% through production before the end of Friday's shift. Lines are down all weekend. Sometime Monday afternoon, "xxxx" fires up, drives off the line and heads to 'water test' and final inspection, then to "the bay", for shipping.
When would you say "xxxx" was built?
It takes 1.5 shifts to build a C8. So it can only span across 2 work days. So start sometime on Friday completed sometime on Monday is the worst case.

Edit: As Marcrazy noted there is a lot more to building a C8 than just assembly so I should have said it takes 1.5 shits to Assemble a C8. It takes a lot longer start to finish with panel painting etc.

Last edited:
I don’t know but TPW’s are always being push forward. I thing due to constraints. So they are on hold. Once they have all the parts they squeeze it back into the production line. I’m guessing.
TPW's are not always pushed forward. SOme can be rescheduled for an earlier week. Some stay the same. Parts shortages can move a TPW back or forward depending on orders in the system. Once the parts are in for a car the TPW will almost never change depending on where the actual sequence number is in that week.
Once a car is accepted for production (2000) the sequence of events starts for the parts to be ordered. That doesn't mean the parts will actually arrive at a certain date. A supplier could suddenly have an issue for example. But but once the parts are in (3100) and the car is sequenced (3300) the date is virtually fixed except when the line shuts down because of other more serious reasons.

I worked in an assembly plant for 21 years. There are more factors to building a car than most know. Sequencing for colour in paint shops, body styles in the body shop and mix in Final Assembly. Those window stickers are printed in mass lots and once a vehicle is sequenced it cannot come out of sequence or the sequenced parts are all "set aside" this is a major issue for assembly plants and is the reason why sequenced parts can be a real nightmare. Once the vehicle is scheduled it cannot be rescheduled without significant intervention. The VIN plate being affixed to a vehicle creates its identity well before any window stickers are affixed to the vehicle, this identification is used throughout the system to support build options, error-proofing, etc. It works in conjunction with an RF tag or a bar coding system that travels with the vehicle through the system.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I worked in an assembly plant for 21 years. There are more factors to building a car than most know. Sequencing for colour in paint shops, body styles in the body shop and mix in Final Assembly. Those window stickers are printed in mass lots and once a vehicle is sequenced it cannot come out of sequence or the sequenced parts are all "set aside" this is a major issue for assembly plants and is the reason why sequenced parts can be a real nightmare. Once the vehicle is scheduled it cannot be rescheduled without significant intervention. The VIN plate being affixed to a vehicle creates its identity well before any window stickers are affixed to the vehicle, this identification is used throughout the system to support build options, error-proofing, etc. It works in conjunction with an RF tag or a bar coding system that travels with the vehicle through the system.
Thanks for that. Reaffirms what we know about the Corvette plant.
No window sticker can be attached until the car is finished anyway because the car goes through leak tests as one of the final phases.

1682960152977.jpeg

It takes 1.5 shifts to build a C8. So it can only span across 2 work days. So start sometime on Friday completed sometime on Monday is the worst case.

Edit: As Marcrazy noted there is a lot more to building a C8 than just assembly so I should have said it takes 1.5 shits to Assemble a C8. It takes a lot longer start to finish with panel painting etc.
At 11.5 an hour, 1.5 shifts seems generous.
I donated 25yrs to screwing vehicles together........just curious how someone comes to the "Day" their car was built?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.