Sep 16, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Z51 Vert
Province
ON
So my wife laughs at me because I wave every time I see a Vette going by even when I am not driving the Vette .. lol. This morning as I am driving through a small local town at a whopping speed of 40 Kmh I saw a Riptide blue C8 driving towards me. Down goes my window. out goes my arm for a friendly wave..... and .... nothing! What do some of you guys have against a guy driving a Plumbing Van?? Driving the C8 and I get a wave every time!! Plumbers can be a Corvette Owner too!

Last edited:
So my wife laughs at me because every time I see a Vette going by even when I am not driving the Vette .. lol. This morning as I am driving through a small local town at a whopping speed of 40 Kmh I saw a Riptide blue C8 driving towards me. Down goes my window. out goes my arm for a friendly wave..... and .... nothing! What do some of you guys have against a guy driving a Plumbing Van?? Driving the C8 and I get a wave every time!! Plumbers can be a Corvette Owner too!
I thought most plumbers drove a Mercedes….. ;)

So my wife laughs at me because every time I see a Vette going by even when I am not driving the Vette .. lol. This morning as I am driving through a small local town at a whopping speed of 40 Kmh I saw a Riptide blue C8 driving towards me. Down goes my window. out goes my arm for a friendly wave..... and .... nothing! What do some of you guys have against a guy driving a Plumbing Van?? Driving the C8 and I get a wave every time!! Plumbers can be a Corvette Owner too!
Been down that road myself. I get lots of waves and thumbs up (At least I think it was a thumb lol..) when I'm driving my Vette. I also wave at Corvettes and other classics when I'm driving one of my other vehicles. Occasionally I will get a return wave but not often.

I spotted a 1962 Red Vette ragtop yesterday, and followed him into a riverside parking lot out here.
He hit the dead end, turned around and was heading back towards me, saw me, and we both stopped and talked shop for a minute or two, blocking the driveway, but no one else seemed too bothered by it. These cars are a free pass to do dumb stuff, it seems?
Not exactly a "wave" incident, but I enjoyed it.

So my wife laughs at me because I wave every time I see a Vette going by even when I am not driving the Vette .. lol. This morning as I am driving through a small local town at a whopping speed of 40 Kmh I saw a Riptide blue C8 driving towards me. Down goes my window. out goes my arm for a friendly wave..... and .... nothing! What do some of you guys have against a guy driving a Plumbing Van?? Driving the C8 and I get a wave every time!! Plumbers can be a Corvette Owner too!
When I'm driving the beater I don't wave, I do a thumbs up for any nice car.

When I'm driving the beater I don't wave, I do a thumbs up for any nice car.
When I drive the C8, I get waves, and smiles, and see a lot of swiveling heads.
It is that kind of vehicle. :Biggrin:

Saw 2 guys in the park where they do the local "cruise nights", standing next to their Dodge(?) muscle cars, last week.
They were standing beside (I found out) their Dodge SRT Hellcats(?) (one was an orange Demon, I think?) with their front hoods up displaying the tops of their engines. Hard to see too much from the physically lower C8.
I wasn't real familiar with them, and so stopped and asked about them, and their HP and torque numbers, and after the Demon guy finished bragging about his being "supercharged 1000+ HP fastest car ever made" (hmmm?), for some reason, he asked if I wanted to race. I chuckled to myself, thought he's got to be kidding.
Then he told me he sold/traded his C7, for the Dodge? WTF??? :Confused5::rolleyes:
Now realizing what I was dealing with, I politely declined, and drove away, while his friends/people standing nearby, just stared/smiled at the C8. I didn't even have the top down. :heavycar:

As I drove away, it occured to me that the only time people probably notice those "Chrysler 300 knock offs", is when they're sitting still with their hoods up, making a lot of engine revs noise, driving recklessly in town, or doing something else ridiculous.
People give my car the double take, anywhere, when I'm stopped at a light, or cruising on the freeway, or just cruising by at the speed limit in town.
It is that kind of vehicle. :Biggrin:

Peace. :cool:

Im with you … corvette owner and a plumber as well. Usually don’t wave when I’m in my daily driver. . Thumbs up though!